user-offline.png

Junior Droid

Member #170343
    Join DateFeb 2011Posts6Liked1 times
    PhoneDroid razr maxx

12-31-2012 12:00 PM

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by GotnFX

If you look under the description, it says it doesn't work for JB on most devices....Wifi tether works for rooted devices from understanding..

Yea i found it after i had already posted sorry and thanks​

FoxKat likes this.

• JohnnytheK
    user-offline.png

Droid Ninja

Member #99673
    Join DateAug 2010Posts1,115Liked38 times
    PhoneDroid X2

01-01-2013 01:22 AM

re: FoxKat's RAZR/MAXX to JELLY BEAN LEAK Classroom, w/ MattyP and friends!

Woo Hoo I got jelly bean!
    Thanks guys piece of cake once I took my case off my case and then I could push both volume buttons!
    It does seem faster, can't tell about the battery yet. I like the notification bar.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2​

• FoxKat [OP]
    user-online.png

Super Moderator

Member #54290
    Join DateApr 2010LocationPennsylvaniaPosts6,666Liked1526 times
    PhoneRAZR MAXX!

01-01-2013 02:34 AM

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by JohnnytheK
    Woo Hoo I got jelly bean!
    Thanks guys piece of cake once I took my case off my case and then I could push both volume buttons!
    It does seem faster, can't tell about the battery yet. I like the notification bar.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JohnnytheK, I am very happy for you. I've watched you over the recent several weeks and more, and felt your frustration with the Razr. I know in my heart that the phone is a good device and that it shouldn't be giving you all that grief - especially since mine and many others' have been nothing less than stellar (no reflection on you, mind you :D ). I am very hopeful that this new version of the OS will give you the phone you wanted (and deserved), from the beginning. :hail:

Please feel free to call on me or any of the other Rescue Squad, Moderators or Super Moderators if you find yourself dealing with issues again. I want you to be happy and proud of your phone, and perhaps you'll be able to then help others who've suffered some of your past experiences too.

Good luck! :biggrin:​

"Professor FoxKat"
    "Saving DROID Razr's, one battery at a time. :)" - (credit SallyC)
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net

• RC54
    user-offline.png

Droid Newbie

Member #277468
    Join DateAug 2012Posts4PhoneRazr Maxx

01-01-2013 03:11 AM

Favorite Contacts Bar not working

Hey Guys, first post here, but been lurking around for quite some time now. I can normally find the answers to my questions by reading through the various forums but I've hit a roadblock on this one.

I have the Razr Maxx and just today installed the OTA JB update. Everything went smooth and it works great, thank you FoxKat and all others who helped!

FoxKat, I followed your instructions to install the alternate home screen in order to use the circle widget, and that all works great but I cannot get my Favorite Contacts to work right now. After I installed the Fav Contacts widget onto my home screen it will not pull down as it normally does. I have the four contacts with the pics as they should be but that's all I can see. The contacts page will not open up when I swipe down on it. If I use the original home screen, then it all works fine, but then I don't have the circle widgets.

Anyone else run into this problem?
    crazy.png

Thanks...RC​

• FoxKat [OP]
    user-online.png

Super Moderator

Member #54290
    PhoneRAZR MAXX!

01-01-2013 03:15 AM

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by RC54
    Hey Guys, first post here, but been lurking around for quite some time now. I can normally find the answers to my questions by reading through the various forums but I've hit a roadblock on this one.

I have the Razr Maxx and just today installed the OTA JB update. Everything went smooth and it works great, thank you FoxKat and all others who helped!

FoxKat, I followed your instructions to install the alternate home screen in order to use the circle widget, and that all works great but I cannot get my Favorite Contacts to work right now. After I installed the Fav Contacts widget onto my home screen it will not pull down as it normally does. I have the four contacts with the pics as they should be but that's all I can see. The contacts page will not open up when I swipe down on it. If I use the original home screen, then it all works fine, but then I don't have the circle widgets.

Anyone else run into this problem?
    crazy.png

Thanks...RC

OK, so the problem may be which "Favorite contacts" app you are selecting for the widget to operate under.

See the screen shots below. (give me a min to post).

The first image is the screen before adding the widget:

This next screen is the Widget section showing TWO Favorite Contacts widgets (strange...they both work the same for me);

This next screen is the one that pops up after I drag that widget (either one) to the desktop. Here's where I found out that one of the two choices on this next screen, the one that has the green Icon doesn't, work doesn't work for the pull-down but only gives access to the first 4 showing in the widget. But the RED one does, and lets me pull down the contacts widget;

And here's the widget after having been added to my screen and having been pulled down;

So clearly it works, at least for me. YRMV, but if you choose the Red "Book" Icon for Favorite contacts, it will hopefully work for you too! Let us know. :biggrin:​

Last edited by FoxKat; 01-01-2013 at 03:24 AM.​

"Professor FoxKat"
    Avatar is Maxwell Smart, AKA Agent 86, from "Get Smart" (with his signature "Shoe Phone"), a SitCom TV series by Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, based on the spy thriller series, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.".

• RC54
    user-offline.png

Droid Newbie

Member #277468

01-01-2013 03:27 AM
    Interesting, as I only have the one Fav Contacts widget to choose from.

I see you have the Go Launcher. Maybe the second one you have is from that??...just a wag on my part.​

• RC54
    user-offline.png

Droid Newbie

Member #277468

01-01-2013 03:57 AM
    By the way, I can drag the fav contacts widget out to the home screen normally and I get the menu that opens up for me to choose the fav contacts from the list...just as you show with your screen shot above. Then the widget is displayed on the home screen where I dragged it to. It looks perfectly normal with the pics for the first four contacts. I can tap on any of those four and their numbers pop up like normal. I just cannot get the swipe down gesture to work to open up the rest of the contacts.

If I switch back to the first (original) home screen it all works normal...except of course the circles widget doesn't work now with this home screen.

Weird.

• FoxKat [OP]
    user-online.png

Super Moderator

Member #54290
    PhoneRAZR MAXX!

01-01-2013 04:03 AM

re: FoxKat's RAZR/MAXX to JELLY BEAN LEAK Classroom, w/ MattyP and friends!

I have the go launcher but an not using it. In fact, I'll uninstall it now and see if things change.

"Professor FoxKat"

• jakegsxr11
    user-offline.png

Senior Droid

Member #72038
    Join DateMay 2010Posts135Liked1 times
    PhoneDroid Razr MAXX

01-01-2013 09:49 AM
    I am running the same set up but only have the one favorite contacts widget to choose from (the green one). When I put it on my home screen I see the first 4 contacts with a note over the top of them to pull down to open. The pull down to open note will not go away and I cannot pull the widget down. The widget works as normal when tapping on one of the first 4 contacts.

• jakegsxr11
    user-offline.png

Senior Droid

Member #72038
    Join DateMay 2010Posts135Liked1 times
    PhoneDroid Razr MAXX

01-01-2013 10:21 AM
    Ok, I found the favorites contact widget apk from the Razr M and installed it. Turns out this is the red widget referenced above. This widget works well for me. I found the link on xda (linked below) post #173:

Razr M Launcher,Circle Widgets , Notification Count, and few stock app on Raz - Page 18 - xda-developers

Here is the actual link to the file:

My Files

FoxKat likes this.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Post 181;

FoxKat [OP]
user-online.png

Super Moderator
Member #54290
Join DateApr 2010LocationPennsylvaniaPosts6,625Liked1513 times
PhoneRAZR MAXX!

Today 12:11 PM

[h=2]Re: FoxKat's .215/.214 to JELLY BEAN LEAK Classroom, w/ MattyP and friends![/h]

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by jakegsxr11
Ok, I found the favorites contact widget apk from the Razr M and installed it. Turns out this is the red widget referenced above. This widget works well for me. I found the link on xda (linked below) post #173:

Razr M Launcher,Circle Widgets , Notification Count, and few stock app on Raz - Page 18 - xda-developers

Here is the actual link to the file:

My Files

Excellent investigative work, Watson! :D Yes, I've installed a couple different versions, but since I wasn't using favorites, I was unaware that one didn't work and the other did.

I'll add your find to the main post (with credit to you, of course!) :thumbup:

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Posts 191 through 200;
  • ripper2860
    user-offline.png

Master Droid

Member #221427
    Join DateSep 2011Posts384Liked18 times
    PhoneDroid Razr Maxx

Yesterday 10:23 PM

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by spc_hicks09
    It's too easy to get back on the update path. Happened before with the .84 and .85 ICS Leaks.

Reflash JB leak through stock recovery to have a fresh install.
    Force flash .211 boot image
    Flash official OTA through stock recovery.

As long as your system is .211 (regardless if it boots or not) you can sideload the official OTA.

If I perform the above steps to load the 2.11 boot image, could I then boot in AP Fastmode to do a full factory image load of 2.11? If so, would a full factory image load fix my ENCRYPTION UNSUCCESSFUL error that I get at at boot??​
    Last edited by ripper2860; Today at 02:11 AM.​
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    ICS 4.04 (6.16.215)
    Nova Launcher

Rooted

sigpic221427_1.gif

• FoxKat [OP]
    user-online.png

Super Moderator

Member #54290
    Join DateApr 2010LocationPennsylvaniaPosts6,647Liked1521 times
    PhoneRAZR MAXX!

Today 12:21 AM

quote_icon.png
    It's too easy to get back on the update path. Happened before with the .84 and .85 ICS Leaks.

As long as your system is .211 (regardless if it boots or not) you can sideload the official OTA.

This is an excellent comment. He's right...even if it doesn't boot, it doesn't matter as the new OTA (that will undoubtedly be extracted for side-loading), will only be looking for the version number to be accurate and stock. It doesn't know, nor need to know if the current version is booting or not. When you side-load the new OTA, it will simply check for the current version to be what it's expecting and when it finds .211, it will side-load without a problem.

Having Developers on the forum with us is SO COOL!. They see things in a different way than the rest of us, even those of us who consider ourselves, knowledgeable about Android and our phones. With spc_hicks09's observation, it really does bring greater comfort to me at least, that I'll be able to get back on the OTA path. Great support!! :hail:​

"Professor FoxKat"

• FoxKat [OP]
    user-online.png

Super Moderator

Member #54290
    Join DateApr 2010LocationPennsylvaniaPosts6,647Liked1521 times
    PhoneRAZR MAXX!

Today 12:23 AM

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by ripper2860
    If I perform the above steps will this fix my ENCRYPTION UNSUCCESSFUL error at boot??

Very likely, but we'll have to wait for the new OTA to drop before you will be able to recover properly. On the other hand, trying it now, rolling back to .211, then side-loading JB may get you up and running again! It's certainly worth a try!​

"Professor FoxKat"

• ripper2860
    user-offline.png

Master Droid

Member #221427
    PhoneDroid Razr Maxx

Today 02:17 AM

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by FoxKat
    Very likely, but we'll have to wait for the new OTA to drop before you will be able to recover properly. On the other hand, trying it now, rolling back to .211, then side-loading JB may get you up and running again! It's certainly worth a try!

Hmmmm. The only potential gotcha is that I cannot get the phone into recovery mode to sideload an update. When I try via the POWER and VOL-UP/DOWN or via AP Fastboot meny, all I get is the Unconscious and Disemboweled Droid with a RED triangle. So if I do push the boot.img from 2.11 and cannot get into recovery, I'm toast. I likely need to push the recovery IMG via fastboot, as well as that may fix my inability to enter into recovery mode. Worth a shot, I guess. I'll wait until I get my Maxx HD and then try it on my Maxx. If I recover it, then the company has a phone they can re-deploy. Nothing to lose and there's always hope as long as I can get into AP Fastboot mode.

Thx.​
    Last edited by ripper2860; Today at 02:24 AM.​
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    ICS 4.04 (6.16.215)
    Nova Launcher

Rooted

sigpic221427_1.gif

• spc_hicks09
    user-online.png

Developer

Member #134991
    Join DateNov 2010LocationWahiawa, HawaiiPosts1,034Liked12 times
    Twitterspc_hicks09
    PhoneMotorola Droid RAZR

Today 03:15 AM

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by ripper2860
    Hmmmm. The only potential gotcha is that I cannot get the phone into recovery mode to sideload an update. When I try via the POWER and VOL-UP/DOWN or via AP Fastboot meny, all I get is the Unconscious and Disemboweled Droid with a RED triangle.

That's part of recovery. When you get to that poor little Andy, press both volume buttons at the same time and you'll be in stock e3 recovery. ;)

Visit: www.rom-spot.com
    Twitter @spc_hicks09​

• jaybogg
    user-offline.png

Master Droid

Member #256576
    Join DateMar 2012LocationHouston, TxPosts303Liked91 times
    Phonedroid razr

Today 06:30 AM
    Shifting gears here a bit...Has anyone checked to see if webtop is embedded in Jelly Bean? This would affect my decision to upgrade or not as I really like my lapdock. Any info much appreciated!​
    JB

Droid Forums, Droid RAZR Forum, sharpenin' the cuttin' edge of technology.
    After all, it ain't rocket surgery!!:blink:

• StephenC
    user-offline.png

Master Droid

Member #265386
    Join DateJun 2012LocationCentral FloridaPosts386Liked20 times
    Twitter@scorun2
    PhoneSamsung Galaxy Nexus i515

Today 09:09 AM

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by jaybogg
    Shifting gears here a bit...Has anyone checked to see if webtop is embedded in Jelly Bean? This would affect my decision to upgrade or not as I really like my lapdock. Any info much appreciated!

Under Settings > About Phone it still says "Webtop version wt-3.0.0" so I assume it will still work.​

jaybogg likes this.
    My Google-Enabled Devices

Samsung Galaxy Nexus - current phone
    Motorola XOOM WiFi 32GB
    Samsung Chromebook Series 3​

• YelloEye
    user-offline.png

Droid

Member #269351
    Join DateJun 2012Posts52Liked4 times
    PhoneRAZR MAXX XT912

Today 09:22 AM

Re: FoxKat's RAZR/MAXX to JELLY BEAN LEAK Classroom, w/ MattyP and friends!

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by jaybogg
    Shifting gears here a bit...Has anyone checked to see if webtop is embedded in Jelly Bean? This would affect my decision to upgrade or not as I really like my lapdock. Any info much appreciated!

Yes it works. I use webtop 3.0 for watching Netflix on my TV with an hdmi cable.​

jaybogg likes this.

• jaybogg
    user-offline.png

Master Droid

Member #256576
    Join DateMar 2012LocationHouston, TxPosts303Liked91 times
    Phonedroid razr

Today 09:39 AM
    Thx guys...I figured they would keep it for the legacy devices but figured better to ask first than to regret later!​
    JB

Droid Forums, Droid RAZR Forum, sharpenin' the cuttin' edge of technology.
    After all, it ain't rocket surgery!!:blink:

• ripper2860
    user-offline.png

Master Droid

Member #221427
    PhoneDroid Razr Maxx

Today 09:40 AM

quote_icon.png
    That's part of recovery. When you get to that poor little Andy, press both volume buttons at the same time and you'll be in stock e3 recovery. ;)

Thanks. I was not very clear in my post. I have pressed VOL-UP and DOWN simultaneously while at the DROID/RED Traingle screen and nothing happens. Tried it several times w/ no luck. I'll give it another shot, however -- just in case.​
    Last edited by ripper2860; Today at 09:59 AM.​
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    ICS 4.04 (6.16.215)
    Nova Launcher

Rooted

sigpic221427_1.gif

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Post 201;

moset
user-online.png

Master Droid
Member #119707
Join DateSep 2010LocationRural South GAPosts651Liked16 times
PhoneDroid 1

Today 09:42 AM

[h=2]Re: FoxKat's RAZR/MAXX to JELLY BEAN LEAK Classroom, w/ MattyP and friends![/h]

quote_icon.png

So, your saying:
When the official JB OTA arrives, someone grabs it from cache and posts it, just like this one.
We can download it.
From the current JB accidental OTA, use RSD Lite to load the 211 boot img, which will not boot but will satisfy the official upgrade, making it think you're on stock 211, and therefore load the official JB?
You would have to download the official OTA on a computer and place it on the external SD.
I guess you could do that while on the current JB before forcing the 211 boot.img?
And none of this would require root?

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Posts 211 through 220;
  • FoxKat [OP]
    user-online.png

Super Moderator

Member #54290
    Join DateApr 2010LocationPennsylvaniaPosts6,677Liked1531 times
    PhoneRAZR MAXX!

01-02-2013 03:54 PM

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by epiphone74
    foxKat.. FYI !!!

First two links download 215 version motoblur... followed instructions to the letter anded up on 215 both times..4.0.4 third link from crack flasher was the correct one.. Used matty 182 to get back to 211... pissed but trying third link let you know how it goes.. also might want to put instruction in correct order clear cache BEFORE booting to zip file..

Just the issues i ran into ..

Semper FI
    Epiphone74

Interesting. Those links are copied directly from Matt L Groff''s post. I'll pull them down. Thanks for the update. As for clearing cache, I can add that as well, though I didn't do it and had NO problems.

Thanks again! :biggrin:​

"Professor FoxKat"

• spc_hicks09
    user-online.png

Developer

Member #134991
    Join DateNov 2010LocationWahiawa, HawaiiPosts1,046Liked15 times
    Twitterspc_hicks09
    PhoneMotorola Droid RAZR

01-02-2013 04:00 PM

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by moset
    So, your saying:
    When the official JB OTA arrives, someone grabs it from cache and posts it, just like this one.
    We can download it.
    From the current JB accidental OTA, use RSD Lite to load the 211 boot img, which will not boot but will satisfy the official upgrade, making it think you're on stock 211, and therefore load the official JB?
    You would have to download the official OTA on a computer and place it on the external SD.
    I guess you could do that while on the current JB before forcing the 211 boot.img?
    And none of this would require root?

Absolutely correct :)

Twitter @spc_hicks09​

• moset
    user-online.png

Master Droid

Member #119707
    Join DateSep 2010LocationRural South GAPosts674Liked19 times
    PhoneDroid 1

01-02-2013 04:41 PM

Does it have anything to do with this being a complete new system rather than an upgrade?
    I assume the boot.img has nothing to do with system apps being frozen and such.
    Hasn't that been a problem with some previous updates with rooted phones?
    I'm just trying to understand.

• GotnFX
    user-offline.png

Master Droid

Member #7488
    Join DateNov 2009Posts285Liked47 times
    PhoneMotorola RAZR MAXX

01-02-2013 06:50 PM

quote_icon.png

Love the reference to being a crack flasher..:D I was too! I understand being cautious. It took me over a year and a half to root my og Droid. But once I did and started flashing, I felt like I had a new phone everytime! I have yet to flash any custom ROMs on my Maxx...maybe becuz it hasnt started lagging like my ogDroid did...Good Luck!

Ok so didn't realize crack flasher was a website for devs.. Lol. Moset..why aren't you already all over this leak? Lol.​

• moset
    user-online.png

Master Droid

Member #119707
    Join DateSep 2010LocationRural South GAPosts674Liked19 times
    PhoneDroid 1

01-02-2013 07:33 PM

quote_icon.png
    Ok so didn't realize crack flasher was a website for devs.. Lol. Moset..why aren't you already all over this leak? Lol.

I'm a recovering crack flasher. Trying to stay sober. Never bricked but close. Lol
    :D

• YellowJacket
    user-online.png

Master Droid

Member #253897
    Join DateMar 2012LocationKnoxville, TNPosts259Liked46 times
    PhoneRazr Maxx

01-02-2013 07:56 PM
    Hey Y'all! I just hit 50+ hours ona single charge on my Maxx running JB!

rather than reposting, read about it here: 50+ Hours on a Single Charge on a Razr Maxx!

This update is amazing!

David​

• Coreydhobbs
    user-offline.png

Droid Newbie

Member #322328
    Join DateJan 2013Posts1PhoneDroid razr maxx

01-02-2013 09:43 PM

SU binary update

I followed all of the steps and after flashing jb and rebooting it shows the SU binary as the old version so I tried to update it again and it says it fails to gain root access. So I went to the ota root keeper to check to make sure it shows rooted and it does, everything is checked like it should be but I also can't use any of my apps that require root. What is going on? Any ideas how to fix this or force binary update?​

• GotnFX
    user-offline.png

Master Droid

Member #7488
    Join DateNov 2009Posts285Liked47 times
    PhoneMotorola RAZR MAXX

01-02-2013 10:03 PM

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by YellowJacket
    Hey Y'all! I just hit 50+ hours ona single charge on my Maxx running JB!

rather than reposting, read about it here: 50+ Hours on a Single Charge on a Razr Maxx!

This update is amazing!

David

So I noticed that on your screen shots that android os is the top of your list for battery use then screen... Mine still has screen than os..what is everyone else on JB seeing under battery usage?​

• spc_hicks09
    user-online.png

Developer

Member #134991
    Join DateNov 2010LocationWahiawa, HawaiiPosts1,046Liked15 times
    Twitterspc_hicks09
    PhoneMotorola Droid RAZR

01-02-2013 10:15 PM

quote_icon.png
    So I noticed that on your screen shots that android os is the top of your list for battery use then screen... Mine still has screen than os..what is everyone else on JB seeing under battery usage?

It shows in order of what used the most battery. OS before Screen just means the OS was used more than the display.

Twitter @spc_hicks09​

• Krenzy
    user-offline.png

Senior Droid

Member #261225
    Join DateMay 2012Posts153Liked6 times
    PhoneDroid RAZR MAXX

01-02-2013 10:21 PM
    So does using WiFi use less battery than 3G? I don't live in a 4G area yet..​

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Posts 261 through 270;
  • mcinvaille
    user-offline.png

Droid

Member #9849
    Join DateNov 2009LocationSCPosts81PhoneDroid RAZR

Yesterday 12:09 PM

FoxKat's RAZR/MAXX to JELLY BEAN LEAK Classroom, w/ MattyP and friends!

Foxcat, where are the instructions for adding the missing Circle Widget and Swipe left/right capability? Also any fix for the backup module that fails on boot?

Mac​

:motdroidvert: - 1%er

• YellowJacket
    user-offline.png

Master Droid

Member #253897
    Join DateMar 2012LocationKnoxville, TNPosts264Liked47 times
    PhoneRazr Maxx

Yesterday 03:18 PM

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by mcinvaille
    Foxcat, where are the instructions for adding the missing Circle Widget and Swipe left/right capability? Also any fix for the backup module that fails on boot?

Mac

Somewhere around post #89 in this thread.

David​

• mcinvaille
    user-offline.png

Droid

Member #9849

Yesterday 04:19 PM

quote_icon.png
    That's because it won't run on the launcher included with this leak of Jelly Bean. The Circles widget is ported over from either the RAZR M or RAZR HD. You need to install the homescreen.apk and homeconfig.apk. Once installed, hit the home key and it will ask you which launcher you wish to use, choose the 2nd Homescreen.

Then reboot, back to the home screen and try to install the widget again.

Also, you must install the others as well, weather.apk, circleconfig.apk, and homeconfig.apk.

First off, thanks to David for pointing me to post 89 for these instructions. Now for Foxkat if I may:
    I have the zip downl;oaded and extracted. However I only got 3 of the 5 APKs to load. The circleconfig.apk just says failed to load and the HomeConfig.apk says another file with the same name and sig is the reason it will not load. Any ideas?​

• YellowJacket
    user-offline.png

Master Droid

Member #253897
    PhoneRazr Maxx

Yesterday 07:18 PM
    OK, so my ADHD kicked in overdrive and I needed a diversion from studying for my boards and decided to follow the instructions for installing the homescreen and circle widgets.

Heres what happened:
    Homescreen installed OK. Homescreen config did not.
    Circle Widget installed OK but Circle config did not.
    Weather installed OK.

Right now it seems like everything is running VERY VERY slow.

David

• mcinvaille
    user-offline.png

Droid

Member #9849

Yesterday 07:44 PM

quote_icon.png
    OK, so my ADHD kicked in overdrive and I needed a diversion from studying for my boards and decided to follow the instructions for installing the homescreen and circle widgets.

Heres what happened:
    Homescreen installed OK. Homescreen config did not.
    Circle Widget installed OK but Circle config did not.
    Weather installed OK.

Right now it seems like everything is running VERY VERY slow.

Daivd

Hey Ramblin' Wreck, that is the exact same thing I saw as far as those two APK's not installing. My Circles one said that it just failed to install with no further instructions. The homescreen one said something like another file with the same name and signature caused it to fail.

Tiger Paw Mac​

• YellowJacket
    user-offline.png

Master Droid

Member #253897
    PhoneRazr Maxx

Yesterday 08:33 PM
    OK, I figured out some things about the circles thats cool and worth mentioning (again if previously noted)

Swipe your finger up or down on any of the circles to change it. Swipe your finger down on the battery circle to open the widget settings.

David​

• StephenC
    user-offline.png

Master Droid

Member #265386
    Join DateJun 2012LocationCentral FloridaPosts398Liked21 times
    Twitter@scorun2
    PhoneSamsung Galaxy Nexus i515

Yesterday 08:37 PM
    Has anyone noticed how horrible the built in alarm is after JB? We used to be able to set songs for the alarm, AND it had the "increase loudness" setting (which is so much nicer than waking up to a blaring alarm). My GNex is the same way. It's kind of stupid that they got rid of those features.​

My Google-Enabled Devices

Samsung Galaxy Nexus - current phone
    Motorola XOOM WiFi 32GB
    Samsung Chromebook Series 3​

• destinydmm
    user-offline.png

Senior Droid

Member #32915
    Join DateJan 2010Posts244PhoneDroid X- Apex v2.0 RC2

Yesterday 10:33 PM
    SO where are the razr m/hd apps that can be installed to "complete" the Razr JB experience?

EDIT: PLEASE PUT THIS IN OP, OP!!!!

quote_icon.png
    OK folks, I've got Circle Widgets, Swipe left to settings and swipe right to manage home screens working. Go to Dev-Host - Motorola Razr Apps.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service, and download the zip file. Uncompress onto your PC desktop, or download directly to your phone...either way, then install the APKs just like any normal app. Once installed, hit the home button and you'll be prompted for the launcher choice. Choose the 2nd "homescreen" choice, and you'll have the RAZR HD launcher screen. Then go to Widgets and find Circle Widget. Drag it to the desktop. It will then give you a choice of widgets, and again choose Circles. If all goes well, you'll have the circles widget with weather.

Last edited by destinydmm; Yesterday at 10:36 PM.​
    :heart: MY MIKRADLE!
    Galaxy Nexus: AOKP Milstone 2 + Too Many MODs to count
    D1 : DarkEdge 2.2 Blue/CM 7/MIUI + GO Launcher EX = Phone Envy
    Droid X: MIUI 1.12.9.1 + MIUI Extended Settings

• djspy
    user-offline.png

Master Droid

Member #106579
    Join DateAug 2010LocationN. CaliforniaPosts454Liked21 times
    Twitterdjspy
    PhoneMotorola DROID RAZR Maxx HD

Today 12:01 AM
    Is it safe to install the homeconfig.apk from the zip (for the launcher and circles widget)? When I click install it asks me of I'm sire I want to replace the one already there.

The circlesconfig.apk does not want to install.​

• moset
    user-online.png

Master Droid

Member #119707
    Join DateSep 2010LocationRural South GAPosts676Liked19 times
    PhoneDroid 1

Today 12:14 AM

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by djspy
    Is it safe to install the homeconfig.apk from the zip (for the launcher and circles widget)? When I click install it asks me of I'm sire I want to replace the one already there.

The circlesconfig.apk does not want to install.

Neither of the configure files would install for me. It seems to all be working fine except there is often some lag redrawing the circle widgets.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Posts 271 through 280;
  • djspy
    user-offline.png

Master Droid

Member #106579
    Join DateAug 2010LocationN. CaliforniaPosts454Liked21 times
    Twitterdjspy

Today 12:16 AM
    The redraw problem happens on my Maxx HD as well.​

• mcinvaille
    user-offline.png

Droid

Member #9849

Today 06:59 AM

quote_icon.png
    OK, I figured out some things about the circles thats cool and worth mentioning (again if previously noted)

Swipe your finger up or down on any of the circles to change it. Swipe your finger down on the battery circle to open the widget settings.

David

Did you figure out the issues with the two APKs not working?​

• YellowJacket
    user-offline.png

Master Droid

Member #253897
    PhoneRazr Maxx

Today 09:01 AM

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by mcinvaille
    Did you figure out the issues with the two APKs not working?

Nope but it seems like everything is working.

Some updates:
    The lag seems to have improved quite a bit and everything runs mostly normal now. In face, some games that I play a lot that have had quite a bit of screen lag in the past (Softclick's Klondike Solitaire) have shown considerable improvement.

I had previously been running Beautiful Widgets and I think it used quite a bit more resources than the Motorola Circles Widget. The big test will be to see how much improvement I see in battery life.

I like al the little "features" such as text messages, missed calls and VM notifications in the clock. Would be nice if there was a email notification too. Cool feature (They can be disabled/enabled in the settings if you so desire - just swipe down on the circle battery indicator to get into settings).

The homescreen configurability seems much more flexible. I have "stacked" lot of my most used app icons in folders to have quick access to them. Yes, this feature was available in ICS and in JB without circles, but is seems to work better now.

FYI - as with ICS and JB, you can also stack icons in the ap drawer too. Been doing that for a while and it adds some cool usefulness to the phone.

For instance, I have stacked my gmail and text messages in the same spot and have stacked my phone and voicemail. Also stacked camera and gallery. All that in the app drawer so it is always visible no matter what screen I am in.

Not sure if this is a new thing to JB or a feature of the Circles Homescreen but the voice commands screen looks a lot different and more "configureable". I just used to double tap my home button to get at it to make calls, etc, so I never really looked at it until last night.

I also found the apk for the updated favorites, installed it and got it working. For those of you for which it seems like it is frozen (swiping down does not work), just reboot and it will work from there on out.

It does not seem like the circlescfg.apk and homescreencfg.apk not installing has made any difference.

FoxKat, et al.

You realy need to start another sticky for the circles widget. Such a cool thing that lots of people are asking for but the "how to" on how to do it is burried in post 89 and others.

Thanks,

David

PS. Big Neurosurgery job interview coming up in a few minutes.... wish me luck!​

Last edited by YellowJacket; Today at 09:08 AM.​

• moset
    user-online.png

Master Droid

Member #119707
    PhoneDroid 1

Today 09:26 AM

Updated favorite contacts widget? Anyone know where it might be found?

• YellowJacket
    user-offline.png

Master Droid

Member #253897
    PhoneRazr Maxx

Today 10:14 AM

quote_icon.png
    Updated favorite contacts widget? Anyone know where it might be found?

Here you go. See post # 180

David​

• venimdenim
    user-offline.png

Droid Newbie

Member #322694
    Join DateJan 2013Posts3PhoneDroid Razr Maxx

Today 10:18 AM

quote_icon.png
    Your best bet is go to the very first post of this thread and download. 211 again using the utility. Doing option 1. This will bring you back to stock. 211.

Got it, Thanks! JB is running perfectly!​

• moset
    user-online.png

Master Droid

Member #119707
    PhoneDroid 1

Today 10:21 AM

quote_icon.png
    Here you go. See post # 180

David

Thanks, but it looks like it has to be flashed with root. Am I missing something? No root here so...

• YellowJacket
    user-offline.png

Master Droid

Member #253897
    PhoneRazr Maxx

Today 10:41 AM

quote_icon.png
    Thanks, but it looks like it has to be flashed with root. Am I missing something? No root here so...

Nope, don't need to be rooted. All you need to do is download the favorites.apk and place it in the "downloads" folder on your storage card. From there, tap on it and install as normal.

Once it is installed go into apps and choose widgets. Look for the second favorites widget and drag it to the scren you want it to be on. From there, a menu will pop up asking which widget you want to install (not sure why it does this - may be a bug) and choose the the second favorites in the list (the one that looks like a book icon). After that it will appear on your screen with a message "drag down to open". If doing so does not work for you, simply restart your phone and after that it will work.

David​

• moset
    user-online.png

Master Droid

Member #119707
    PhoneDroid 1

Today 11:05 AM

quote_icon.png
    Nope, don't need to be rooted. All you need to do is download the favorites.apk and place it in the "downloads" folder on your storage card. From there, tap on it and install as normal.

Once it is installed go into apps and choose widgets. Look for the second favorites widget and drag it to the scren you want it to be on. From there, a menu will pop up asking which widget you want to install (not sure why it does this - may be a bug) and choose the the second favorites in the list (the one that looks like a book icon). After that it will appear on your screen with a message "drag down to open". If doing so does not work for you, simply restart your phone and after that it will work.

David

The download I got was a zip. Looking through all the files inside I find no Apl.
    Download from media fire site. Favorites.zip

• YellowJacket
    user-offline.png

Master Droid

Member #253897
    PhoneRazr Maxx

Today 12:42 PM

quote_icon.png
    The download I got was a zip. Looking through all the files inside I find no Apl.
    Download from media fire site. Favorites.zip

Go to the "My Files" link in the post and download the favorites.apk - thats all you'll need - and load it on your SD card on your phone. From there just tap on it and choose install. Should work after that.

David​

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Posts 281 through 290;
  • moset
    user-online.png

Master Droid

Member #119707
    PhoneDroid 1

Yesterday 12:51 PM

quote_icon.png
    Go to the "My Files" link in the post and download the favorites.apk - thats all you'll need - and load it on your SD card on your phone. From there just tap on it and choose install. Should work after that.

David

I did exactly that. The file on Media fire is listed as favorites.apk, however what it downloads is a zip file. I have looked through every Directory in the zip. There is no Apl.

• SCREWd2V
    user-online.png

Droid

Member #257342
    Join DateMar 2012Posts61Liked5 times
    PhoneDroid Razr MAXX

Today 12:53 AM
    I don't really understand why you can't got back to ICS. When I bought my Asus transformer tablet,it was on JB. I. Ha$ to downgrade to ICS To rootmy device. Downloaded an old ICS zip file and rooted then voodooed it to keep my root and then took the OTA JB update. Worked like a charm. Why is it not possible for the RAZR?​

• djspy
    user-online.png

Master Droid

Member #106579
    Join DateAug 2010LocationN. CaliforniaPosts459Liked22 times
    Twitterdjspy

Today 01:07 AM
    It probably has to do with the locked boot loader. Maybe the JB kernel is different than the ICS one and with the locked boot loader there's no way of flashing different kernels.​

FoxKat likes this.

• chelsea22
    user-offline.png

Droid

Member #262370
    Join DateMay 2012Posts50Liked22 times
    PhoneEnter Current Phone Model Here

Today 01:39 AM
    went back to .211 then updated to JB on 12/27.. and everything went smoothly from following FoxKat's instructions. (thanks a bunch!) did the circles widget and the new homescreen tonight. homescreen config says "an existing pack by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed." circle config just says "app not installed" but i can use the homescreen and circles widget.. also can i delete the unzipped file after i installed them?

next thing, i still have the stock keyboard, and i'm not really impressed with it.. after having it for almost two weeks, it hasn't "learned" anything. it also auto-corrects random things and doesn't correct others. i don't know if i need to check my settings or something, but i've tried doing that and i'm coming up blank.

also, when i drag an icon to my homescreen, it won't let me drop it where i want it, it will just go to the very bottom row and drop on a different icon creating a folder, then i can move it out of the folder where i want it. its not a huge deal, but more of a pain that i have to take the extra step..

lastly, this has been a problem since before JB for me, however when its in "vibrate mode" it doesnt vibrate on incoming notifications. i don't want it to always vibrate, just when its in that mode, so ringer mode it should ring, vibrate should vibrate, and silent should be silent.. any suggestions?​

• djspy
    user-online.png

Master Droid

Member #106579
    Twitterdjspy

Today 01:45 AM
    Chelsea, you're probably going to have to do a Factory Data Reset. When I got the JB Update my keyboard didn't work properly (was complaining to Motorola about why they has taken out keyboard features. That was embarrassing lol :p ) I did an FDR because it is recommended after getting an update and it cleared up my keyboard issues.

As far as the vibrate notifications I feel your pain! Before, on ICS if I had my phone on vibrate when I'd get texts it would vibrate. Not anymore.​

• chelsea22
    user-offline.png

Droid

Member #262370
    Join DateMay 2012Posts50Liked22 times
    PhoneEnter Current Phone Model Here

Today 01:58 AM

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by djspy
    Chelsea, you're probably going to have to do a Factory Data Reset. When I got the JB Update my keyboard didn't work properly (was complaining to Motorola about why they has taken out keyboard features. That was embarrassing lol :p ) I did an FDR because it is recommended after getting an update and it cleared up my keyboard issues.

As far as the vibrate notifications I feel your pain! Before, on ICS if I had my phone on vibrate when I'd get texts it would vibrate. Not anymore.

ugh. =( i did two of them after i updated. stupid phone. haha. any ideas on anything else of my "problems"?​

• djspy
    user-online.png

Master Droid

Member #106579
    Twitterdjspy

Today 02:06 AM
    Try clearing the cache and data for the home screen. You'll have to rearrange your home screen again though.

there is the alight possibility that your phone got messed up during the update process. Verizon issued a statement saying that they were willing to exchange the phone for those users whose phone got messed up because of the update. You may have gotten hit with bad luck. (I'm saying this because you said you already did a couple of FDRs). I don't know if they are able to tell whether you were one of the few that got the OTA or forced the update manually though. Delete the update file and any trace. I think they can peak at your phone with their remote diagnostics tool.​

• YellowJacket
    user-offline.png

Master Droid

Member #253897
    Join DateMar 2012LocationKnoxville, TNPosts273Liked47 times
    PhoneRazr Maxx

Today 08:30 AM
    Chelsea,

I use the free "Thumb Keyboard" and love it. Can set it up as a split KB in landscape and standard in portrait. Very flexible and configurable.... and free.

When palcing icons on the screens, they tend to want to "snap" where they want to go. Just dont release them until you have them where you want. Its a problem with my big fingers.

The two circles packages that didn;t install dont seem to matter. Same thing happened to me and everything is working fine.

Working on figuring out the vibration issue. Seems to work ok for me.

David​

• Krenzy
    user-online.png

Senior Droid

Member #261225
    Join DateMay 2012Posts154Liked6 times
    PhoneDroid RAZR MAXX

Today 09:48 AM
    I just used my GPS last night for the first time since updating to JB. Has anyone with the RAZR M circles launcher noticed if you swipe the left side toggle screen, and swipe the GPS button that the launcher abruptly stops? By hitting that button I get an "Unfortunately homescreen has stopped" message. Anyone else have this happen, or know of a fix?​

• Chris Geiger
    user-offline.png

Droid Newbie

Member #153471
    Join DateDec 2010Posts1Liked1 times
    PhoneDroid 2

Today 11:16 AM
    Thanks for guide FoxKat. I was not interested in rooting and my phone was a stock Raze Maxx on .211, but wanted to get the JB update, so I started at Class #3 in the instructions. Install was easy and went well and took about 20 minutes to complete. This was the first time I had ever installed a rom on phone.

I did notice that the update deleted the notepad widget and two notes that I had placed on my phone were gone. I found another similar widget called color note in the play store and that works very similar to the Motorola version that disappeared.​

FoxKat likes this.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Well, that's all I can find but it's not bad, huh? :frown:

diverguy

Reaction score
Well, that's all I can find but it's not bad, huh? :frown:

crap! i just had page 30 open in a tab, but i hit refresh to see new posts, and that was when i found out the thread had disappeared. had i know i would have saved the page first. i have all of the other pages cached if you are missing any parts. any way for me to get page 30 back from my cache, or is it totally gone now that i hit refresh?

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
crap! i just had page 30 open in a tab, but i hit refresh to see new posts, and that was when i found out the thread had disappeared. had i know i would have saved the page first. i have all of the other pages cached if you are missing any parts. any way for me to get page 30 back from my cache, or is it totally gone now that i hit refresh?

Well if page 30 is gone, no real big deal. It's at the most 10 posts. If you have the others cached, I'd be interested in seeing if we could salvage the missing posts. I managed to recover 17 pages, but
  • page 4 is only the 31st & 32nd posts,
  • page 5 is only 41 through 43,
  • page 6 is posts 51 through 57,
  • we're missing pages 7 through 12, 14 & 16,
  • page 19 is only the 181st post,
  • page 21 is only the 201st post,
  • and we're missing pages 23 through 26 & 30.
With all the posts I made, I can certainly fit the missing pieces into them. PM me if you think you can help. Thanks! :hail:

Redalert

Reaction score
Thanks, Bruben7886. Believe me, I am sick about this, mainly because there were so many participants and their input was (at least for the interim) lost. I do have gmail notifications of posts, so I may be able to re-create much of it, but it won't obviously be in thread format since I can't post on behalf of others.

I believe I have a text-only copy of what the OP was and will check when I get home. Right now I am in a hospital waiting room while my wife undergoes a basic procedure. I don't know if I'll have time to pull it off and post until later this afternoon or early evening, but I'll get to it.

I am still holding out hope that the actual thread is recoverable but I am fast losing that hope. We'll see or we'll rise above it!

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk HD

Im a little late, but hope ur wife is feeling better after surgery :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Im a little late, but hope ur wife is feeling better after surgery :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Thank you so much. Oh, and it's never too late to show your compassion and understanding! My wife is a breast cancer survivor, having undergone double mastectomy and 8 months of chemotherapy. It's been a rough and painful road for her, but she's past the hard part now and her demeanor would surprise most people. She is happy, humble and full of vigor. Her focus now is on others in her support group who are going through it, so she can help them. So true to her character. She's my rock and I love her dearly. Thanks again for the well wishes! :D

chelsea22

Reaction score
so i'm surprised no one has said anything on this subject, but with the circles widget, is there a way to change the message circle so its not the default message app it takes you to and goes to your 3rd party one instead?

Thanks to the person who pointed out the animations thing earlier! i turn my animations off but i never thought that would affect the app placement.