Free hot spot?

evan2001

Reaction score
Hi all, just got a new RAZR maxx I use to have the inc2. There was a hack for it that let you make your phone into a free hot spot. Wondering if there is a hack for that for RAZR ?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

xtor

Reaction score
Try foxfi works great on razr, there is a thread on this already

Andielyn

Reaction score
Try foxfi works great on razr, there is a thread on this already

Ditto on foxfi. I am using it and it requires no root and it works great! Initially the other devices didn't detect it but after a restart all worked fine. Love that app!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hi all, just got a new RAZR maxx I use to have the inc2. There was a hack for it that let you make your phone into a free hot spot. Wondering if there is a hack for that for RAZR ?

[video=youtube;HdTOOfogAaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdTOOfogAaU[/video]

xmguy

Reaction score
I use FoxFi for my RAZR Maxx to my Bionic. I think its perfectly fine. Data is data. Especially since its still smartphone/android data.

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Razr Maxx.. out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

mbell75

Reaction score
Foxfi only worked for me once. It won't show up as an available network anymore on my iPad.

pabowhunter

Reaction score

I use Fox fi here also it can take a few times to link up to at times but it works great.... I have it installed on my Razr and link my Blackberry Playbook to it... I was a bit scared at first because it worked so well and used it alot and thought I was going to get hit with a big bill from big red... but nothing no extra charge.....

pabowhunter

Reaction score
Foxfi only worked for me once. It won't show up as an available network anymore on my iPad.

Try to reinstall I heard that works.... I have to turn it off and on a few times for it to work at times but other than that....

My351

Reaction score
I use it on my Bionic semi regularly, the trick I have learned to make it work for me is once it is running, open and the back out of the real Verizon hotspot. Don't have to change or do anything else. It pops up on its own on the status bar once foxfi is on. Just open and close, and foxfi has worked every time without a hitch after that for me. Worth a shot at the very least.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

HoboCoastie

Reaction score
I wonder if App Killer would stop the VZ version from popping up in the first place? Hmm.