From bricked to Apex 7 step procedure overview, for the confused

jago25_98

Reaction score
edit: 0) Obviously backup everything you can including SDcard. Put files on SDcard ready. Bear in mind you might get confused and a nandroid restore might not be working so keep files in an accessible form in adddition to a nandroid if you can. nAndroid = backing up via the CWM recovery system.

1) Flash 2.60.20 sbf via RSD lite.

2) You now have a bootloop. Battery pull, hold rm and plug batt & cable back in

3) at the ! sign press @ key. You have the locked 3e bootloader but this allows to wipe flash and cache. Wipe all that you can

4) Now boot into verizons bloated firmware and root with Droid 3 easy root

5) Once rooted finally load a decent CWM on there via Droid 2 recovery bootstrap apk using adb install d2whatever.apk then you need to go to apps and actually run it. Then hit the reboot button in that app.

6) Now can reboot into CWM with R+M + plug usb (more reliable than pwr button I think) and flash Apex. ICS isn't perfect at the time of writing (well, GSM can work but it's confusing so let's keep things simple...)

7) I think at the time of doing the ROM you also want to do the band unlock and GApps?

List of useful files in order:

RSDLite5.6.msi
DROIDPRO_2.26.20.sbf
DROID 3 easy root script v7-xp
Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap v1.0.0.3.apk (appears to be $2 on the market)
ApeX-DPro-2.0.0-RC4.zip
TBH_Band_Unlock_v2.0.zip

Around step 7 I'm not yet completely clear on myself yet. Which first? ROM, camera fix, band unlock then kernel?

Further notes:

1) Both volume keys for recovery in GB whereas in Froyo it was R + M + Power. ICS?
2) Power + X = bootloader?

Last edited:

SlimMan

Reaction score
I appreciate the efforts here, there are a lot of things that aren't so clear. ie Step 5. well I know while those of you that are use to working with the pro and it's files may find it simple and or clear but someone like me that hasn't done it, well it's not clear enough, it leaves to many questions.

Still looking for good instructions to root and install Gummy on the PRO/American.

Slim!

aymanfoa

Reaction score
please please help i tried to flash my motorola droid pro version with Android 2.3.6 ---- Blur_Version.0.22.2.XT610.Personal.en.AR and now i am not able to go back or flash back for 2.26.20.spf please please help my motorola not working now

OP
J

jago25_98

Reaction score
Which bit do you need help?
It's been a while since I've done this so I have to remember but I will try.

Give us some info. How far did you get before having trouble?

aymanfoa

Reaction score
my device is Droid pro version I flash it with Android 2.3.6 ---- Blur_Version.0.22.2.XT610.Personal.en.. The other day I tried to flash
it back to stock and botched it. I now get the
following:

Bootloader
Err: A5,70,70,00,00,1F

MEM_MAP
Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to program
Connect USB
Data
Cable

OP
J

jago25_98

Reaction score
I use RSD lite to go back to a .sbf before doing anything else. Have you got that far?

aymanfoa

Reaction score
yes I tried many times RSD lite but not working because my device is Droid pro version and I flash it by mistake with Android 2.3.6 ---- Blur_Version.0.22.2.XT610.Personal.en which is not compatible with droid pro version. now it is stuck at boot mode.boot mlboooocococoocoocobobo droid dkdkdjikddffffgfdroid pro which

aymanfoa

Reaction score
yes I tried many times RSD lite but not working because my device is Droid pro version and I flash it by mistake with Android 2.3.6 ---- Blur_Version.0.22.2.XT610.Personal.en which is not compatible with droid pro version. now it is stuck at boot mode.boot mlboooocococoocoocobobo droid dkdkdjikddffffgfdroid pro which