Froyo on the X

crazyjoker2

Reaction score
How soon can it be done in wonder? Also How fast can it be overclocked, 2ghz? 1.8ghz?
Who will be the first to have it?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How soon can it be done in wonder? Also How fast can it be overclocked, 2ghz? 1.8ghz?

1. Could be tonight.
2. 4 Ghz
3. Bob

You may think these are stupid guesses, but they are as good as any others you are going to get.

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score

1. Could be tonight.
2. 4 Ghz
3. Bob

You may think these are stupid guesses, but they are as good as any others you are going to get.

i would say 3. Steve Jobs, because after all he is the "MAN" right? hahaha

Guchi

Reaction score
Haha. You made a funny! Don't hold your breath for any of that....

JLCollier2005

Reaction score
This might be old news confirmed not true, but a very strong rumor has it the x has a "feature" that blows a fuse and renders the phone useless if you try to root it...

And if (more like when, I still think it will be rooted,and sooner than later) it does get rooted, don't expect it to be oced too high...again, just rumors but I've heard talk of only up to 1.3ghz...

Sorry if I'm wrong on my info, But as the above posters stated, we know nothing for sure yet

Hiroshika

Reaction score
it doesnt actually brick it, it just boots into recovery until "official software" is loaded onto the device. 'twas on engadget.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JLCollier2005

Reaction score
So it seems to be software side and not hardware? Well that's not as bad as I originally heard, still brings a new danger into it

Acid7711

Reaction score
Danger..yes

Completely broken phone....no.

I'm sure we'll see a good reliable recovery way soon after people start trying :) I'm sure they already are haha. Can't wait!

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Gonna have to wait till August for the Froyo update.
Don't stress over it, enjoy your new Droid X. :)

JLCollier2005

Reaction score
This might be old news confirmed not true, but a very strong rumor has it the x has a "feature" that blows a fuse and renders the phone useless if you try to root it...

lol

boy i bet you feel stupid now.

What part of what i said would make me feel stupid? the original rumor, like 4 days ago, was what I said....I mean if you want to flame someone, go to the blizzard forums

Raven1r44

Reaction score
all I know is when I went to the verizon store to play with the X today, I downloaded quadrant and CPI benchmark from the market onto the X and ran them against my droid. my highest droid quadrant score thus far has been a 1575, and on CPUbenchmark 768ms. the droid x right out of the box, scored an 1135 on quadrant, and somewhere aroudn 936ms seek time on CPUbenchmark. With nyumbers like these, at this point the only advantages the X has are its larger/cleaner screen and the 8MP camera. still, as soon as we get some serious ROMs going on for it, custom themes and kernels, you can bet your ass ill be buying one!!!

darreno1

Reaction score
Sorry to say but the Droid, overclocked or not is no match for a stock Droid X. Except for the froyo rom and flash, I miss nothing from the old droid. Everything is snappier on the X.

lschmitt

Reaction score

lol

boy i bet you feel stupid now.

What part of what i said would make me feel stupid? the original rumor, like 4 days ago, was what I said....I mean if you want to flame someone, go to the blizzard forums

AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahaaaa!!!! Blizzard forums, lol! I love you!!