Froyo ROM Leaked for the Samsung Fascinate

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Fascinate.jpg

Can't wait for Samsung to finally 'get the job done' and finish the Froyo update for your Samsung Fascinate? The brilliant folks over at XDA Developers have us covered. Someone leaked the actual Samsung Froyo ROM to them, and they generously decided to 'share' it with us! They made it a point to indicate that it is the actual Sammy ROM, flaws and all, and they won't be supporting it, but if you just gotta have it... it's here or here for you to use at your own risk. You brave souls out there, please let us know how it works in the forums.

Source: Android.net via XDA Developers

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Coulda used a pic of a fascinate. :)

Krish

Reaction score
I'm on the ROM right now. I can say its working perfect and fast. Flash working along with Google search bar on TW launcher. Now to wait for a clean version of the room or new ones to start cooking up. Besides that it's working great.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Says Samsung, doesn't it? Man, people are picky. I suppose if somebody called a picture of a Pinto a Mustang you would get upset.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

zgruven

Reaction score
Cool hopefully we will get the LED notification to work too on the not so fascinate phone...I really miss not having a flashing LED for this phone to tell me I have missed a call or message...

want a droid

Reaction score
Why put a picture of any old phone when it is a story about the Fascinate. People would also be complaining if they put a picture of a Droid on a Droid X news post, or vice versa.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why put a picture of any old phone when it is a story about the Fascinate. People would also be complaining if they put a picture of a Droid on a Droid X news post, or vice versa.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

or an iphone on an android post! :icon_eek: haha

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip

Nice catch. I honetsly didn't know this wasn't a Fascinate. When I went web-hunting for a pic of the Samsung Fascinate, this is one of the ones that came up. I didn't even change the name of the pic which calls it a Fascinate. I picked it, because I thought it was a Fascinate and it had a cool looking background... Serves me right for trying to choose a fancy looking picture. LOL. Next time I'll grab a marketing one so I'll be sure it is what it says it is.