Future webdock?

Kurupt

Reaction score
One of the things that intrigued me in to buying the Bionic is the option of using a webdock, I just think that is an awesome feature to expand the use of your phone. I am wondering if anyone has heard of anything for the GNex or is that just a Moto thing? I would love a mix between a Tablet and Laptop that would work efficiently and from the reviews what moto has, sticking with my Bionic for that reason is pointless. I am getting the Gnex today.

BlairAllenVT

Reaction score
I would love a mix between a Tablet and Laptop that would work efficiently

I mean no offense or insult when I say this, but where does a smartphone come in as being between a tablet and a laptop? If anything, I see the "order of superiority" being:
Cell Phone -> Smartphone -> Smartphone w/ docking station -> Tablet -> Netbook -> Laptop.

HavoC

Reaction score
So far, Motorola has been the only manufacturer to produce accessories like a web dock, so no, I wouldn't expect anything like that for the Nexus. On the plus side, the reviews of these accessories haven't been all that favorable, so you probably aren't missing much. I do like the idea tho, and with my Bionic on the way, I may grab one of them if I can find them cheap enough.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
Kurupt

Kurupt

Reaction score
I mean no offense or insult when I say this, but where does a smartphone come in as being between a tablet and a laptop? If anything, I see the "order of superiority" being:
Cell Phone -> Smartphone -> Smartphone w/ docking station -> Tablet -> Netbook -> Laptop.

I travel a lot, laptop is to big and to much of my "core" work to risk. Tablet ehhh I wouldn't want to have to update it and sync with what would be just a bigger version of my phone, that it too would need either a tether or its own data plan. I love the idea of docking a phone. Oh well, one day. BTW you lost me with "Smartphone w/ docking station -> Tablet" wouldn't a smartphone with docking station essentially just be a tablet, unless of course you had an Android/ Apple thing going on.