Galaxy SIII VZW Confirmed grandfathered data (pic inside)

Pre-order complete & unlimited (grandfathered) plan continues. Quoted "anticipated" ship date July 9th.

Quoted "anticipated" ship date July 9th.

That is strange as my pre-order confirmation states "Ship By: 06/06/2012" - there is no mention of an anticipated ship date. It would be great if that is true!!

(order completed at 7:15 am ET to be delivered to New York)

could be you got in before me. Could be that NY ships from a different location. I'm kind of used to Boston being New York's B***

My confirmation email also lists a ship by 6-6-2012. If you check your order status through your order number, a ship date is not available. I was given the anticipated July 9th date by speaking with an employee.

Last edited:
I looked more carefully at my order and see that they have added a new monthly $5.00 fee.

250 MSG CAMERA $5

Did anyone else get this? Any idea what it is for?

@kiwiguy,

My plan stayed as it was. I have always paid for the 500 MSG w/unlimited mobile to mobile portion of the plan, which is $10. The $5 plan, I believe is the most basic allowed messaging plan. Unless you wish to pay as you go (per message).

The $5 250 text message plan is an old one which is grandfathered in if you had it before.

chris215 said:
My confirmation email also lists a ship by 6-6-2012. If you check your order status through your order number, a ship date is not available. I was given the anticipated July 9th date by speaking with an employee.

On Verizons website it also says ship by 7/9

datboiwizzie said:
On Verizons website it also says ship by 7/9

Oh ok, I had to call to pre-order. Needed to transfer an upgrade and for whatever reason, couldn't do it online and then place the order. Will be a long wait either way.

I woke up this morning with every intention of going and buying the nexus. Luckily, I decided to check VZW's website and saw I could preorder the S III. It will be a long wait.

Unless Apples junction goes thru and blocks shipment to to U.S. then who knows when it will new released.

Unlimited Uncertainity

I'd love to believe that Verizon will honor the pre-order results people have been showing. But I know Verizon is greedy (supporting their shareholders) and it wouldn't surprise me if grandfathered unlimited data does not end up going away. For everyone. Period.

I spoke with a customer rep today that was actually doing what he was told (I assume). And that is to not talk about unlimited at all. Consequently, he would not answer a single question about grandfathered unlimited data. He wouldn't say anything about... 1) paying full price to keep, 2) pre-ordering to keep or 3) waiting to purchase after some CDMA/LTE reviews have posted.

What information has helped all of you take the risk to pre-order? What is your logic if you end up with a GSIII that ends up w/o unlimited or even a radio issue?

Simple. They can't change the plan unless I'm upgrading, and if my phone comes a month from now and they don't honor it, I have 30 days to tell them to go fill up their bathtubs with gasoline, open up a nice bottle of wine, and light up a cigarette.

Back