GB 0.9 Market Update?

Mturner615

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just recently switched back to LB GB from CM7, and I noticed that the market is the OLD market... how do I update it?

Normally it would update itself automatically, but that didn't work. I tried to uninstall the old market, reinstall, and even just straight install the new apk over the older version, neither worked.

Help? Is the new market not compatible with GB 0.9? What's the deal?

Reaction score
Search this thread for an updated market. There was a flashable zip put out by one of the devs that worked beautifully for me.

powerkatwedel

Reaction score
What thread do I need to search to find the link? I have the new one but it keeps force closing on me. Thanks

chaos254

Reaction score
mine had the old one too when i first installed but it ended up switching to the new one. guess it updated itself...

powerkatwedel

Reaction score
Is there any way without reinstalling the whole rom to get the original market back and functioning again?

Ntnme2lose

Reaction score
Im interested in this also...can't seem to find a way to get it updated. I did the same with downloading the apk file and tried to replace the old one but nothing worked.

chefb

Reaction score
Therr kernal a theme called blackout blue...it updates your market and themes it.

BigRalphN

Reaction score
I was just coming to find out the same answer. I did the exact same switch and it will not update itself. Searching for update on here now

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BigRalphN

Reaction score
That one flashed alright but nothing changed in the market

BigRalphN

Reaction score
http://www.multiupload.com/29R5839RPC
I found that, but I can't get out to install.

Ok. I got it working. Here is how I did it. I downloaded Jrummys app manager from the market. Using it I backed up my market. Then also using app manager I uninstalled the market. Then I used the apk I downloaded from the link I posted above. Voila. New market working great. I tried the same thing with titanium bu and the apk would not install. Make sure to give root access to app manager. Thanks for a great app jrummy

BigRalphN

Reaction score
You might also like to know that I was also able to remove the dx version of Swype using the same method above and successfully install the latest Swype beta. App Manager has proved to be an invaluable tool.

Velhym

Reaction score
Another way I've found to resolve a few outdated app issues.

I just took the risk and installed the Google Apps package you can find in the rom manager section. The latest worked fine for me and gave me the newest GMail, Market, etc that was refusing to update.