Getting great battery life with gnex finally.

Jung136

Reaction score
Wow. Sounds like someone has a battery challenged Nex. Are you rooted? You could try the things that were mentioned earlier in this thread. :)

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!
Nope, not rooted (i'm too lazy to factory reset and go through all the complicated steps.. i'll wait for a 1 click rooting kit) I'm going to get an extended battery tomorrow to see if it helps but my trip to Vegas with this phone was a NIGHTMARE trying to find power outlets.. i disabled G+ too but my Android OS usage surges through the roof at around 40%

ænyoc

Reaction score
Its really not complicated. Especially after coming from a D1.

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

BOA

Reaction score
Nope, not rooted (i'm too lazy to factory reset and go through all the complicated steps.. i'll wait for a 1 click rooting kit) I'm going to get an extended battery tomorrow to see if it helps but my trip to Vegas with this phone was a NIGHTMARE trying to find power outlets.. i disabled G+ too but my Android OS usage surges through the roof at around 40%
If it doesn't improve you should send it back for a replacement.

otter34

Reaction score
Does the extended battery fit with the black silicone case?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, it seems to fit with silicone cases.

Also, my first Nexus was like that too (4-8hrs), so I returned it for a new one and now it's great.

Reaction score
I downloaded a toggle app to switch off my 4G, now I am getting a full day on one charge. I figured when I need 4g then I will toggle it on for that minute.

OP
M

mercm3

Reaction score
I used an app called batterycalibration, I think you have to be rooted to use it.

RaptorKC

Reaction score
Can't you just use Clockwork wipe stats? is the process:
Drain to near zero, recharge to 100%, then wipe?

OP
M

mercm3

Reaction score
Yes you can reset via clockwork mod. The batterycalibration is just alot easier and saves you from some restarts.

pheitmeyer

Reaction score
I downloaded a toggle app to switch off my 4G, now I am getting a full day on one charge. I figured when I need 4g then I will toggle it on for that minute.

I use a mobile data and wifi toggle from Elixr 2, but I've had no luck finding a 4G LTE toggle widget or app. Which one did you use?

Nick D

Reaction score

What is the name of the app that you used?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

holmsc83

Reaction score
Try Juice Defender - has more than doubled my battery life

After the first few days with the Verizon Galaxy Nexus, I was seeing 5-6 hours of battery life. I was seriously considering returning the phone, or at least exchanging it for another one thinking I might have a faulty unit. In my attempt to try anything and everything to improve the battery life, I installed and enabled the free version of Juice Defender. My battery is now lasting 15-20 hours with my 'normal' use which does consist of around 2-3 hours of screen on time. A normal day for me includes reading RSS feeds, web browsing, Facebook, Twitter, texting, email and more. I don't stream a lot of video or anything like that, that would of course kill the battery much quicker. Anyway, with 15-20 hours, I can usually expect to do just fine as I'm never too far from a charger, but 5-6 hours was unmanageable for me.