Gingerbread questions

philnolan3d

Reaction score
After installing GB I'm curious about a few things. First, how does the new text cursor work? The old way had that "target" thing that you could tap and drag to see a little magnifier for cursor placement. I can't figure out how to do that anymore, all I can do is repeatedly tap and hope I get it right. Next is about pasting, I can paste now but I don't see the old "paste from clipboard" option anymore, is that gone? Also is anyone else having trouble with the spacebar on SwiftKey? I never had trouble with it before GB but now it seems that it doesn't work as well.

oh yeah I also keep having trouble with certain apps on my home screen and on my recently used apps screen where I tap and it tells me the app is not installed. Obviously it is if I'm tapping it. You guys know what's up with that?

Last edited:

billyanks2

Reaction score
yea, it used to be much easier to select multiple lines of text. I was just trying to delete about half of a text message that i wrote, but i couldn't figure out how to highlight multiple words at a time. That seems like a silly thing for moto to have left out.

billyanks2

Reaction score
yea, it used to be much easier to select multiple lines of text. I was just trying to delete about half of a text message that i wrote, but i couldn't figure out how to highlight multiple words at a time. That seems like a silly thing for moto to have left out.

After selecting all, you have the ability to move two cursors around to highlight smaller bits of text, but that seems like a backwards way of doing it, is there a better way to get the two highlighting cursors?

xan

Reaction score
Why the hell did they screw up the clipboard?...was fine in froyo!