Gingerbread Update

DanielleDevine

Reaction score
The gingerbread software update has ruined my phone. It lags terribly, half the time when I try to use the space bar it turns out being a period so my.texts.look.like.this. Looking through the photo gallery makes the entire phone useless and it has to be restarted, sometimes more than once. There are certain pictures it will not let me delete and if I try the phone goes nuts. It cuts off by itself and it seems the volume has a mind of its own now when listening to music, YouTube or other apps requiring speaker phone. The battery life isn't as good as it previously was either. Seems more and more I want to throw this phone, which is sad because I was so happy with it before... Really thinking of getting an iPhone when it's time for an upgrade..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using DroidForums

OP
D

DanielleDevine

Reaction score
I just took your advice and did the factory reset... Seems to be working ok now, the whole phone seems to be faster and not lag so much.. Thanks... Would you happen to have any advice on the speakerphone issue?? Seems the reset didn't fix that... While I was setting it all back up and choosing my ringtones and such, it just goes quiet like it's not on speakerphone. While I was on the phone earlier before the reset, it did that. I had it on speakerphone and it got really quiet like it wasn't on it anymore... I tried turning it off then back on but that didn't help... Any suggestions???

Thanks