Going back to stock

CannibalAngel

Reaction score
So I think that I want to go back to stock HTC Sense on my Incredible. I was just wondering how. Is all I have to do is remove the update.zip for my ROM from my SD card and reboot the phone? Any help is greatly appreciated.

jr313

Reaction score
If you dont want to unroot just use the backup you made of original setup and your back to stock with root still, but if you want to unroot then follow the link that tweebee has put up...

OP
C

CannibalAngel

Reaction score
No I do not want to un-root. At least not yet. Unfortunately, I do not have a backup of my original stock ROM. Where can I get a regular, stock HTC Sense ROM or how can I go back to stock Sense?

jr313

Reaction score
If you look in rommanager there are a couple of sense roms there that are pretty close to stock

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

ronlsjr

Reaction score
Probably yourself.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Marxepic

Reaction score
I know how it feels, I rooted and rommed to superclean 2.6 and my haptic feedback is dead, and my battery drains too quickly, so might as well get my warranty rep, and wait for "official" froyo. If it ever gets here. I tried going back to stock, modem, radio, kernel etc. all dl09 but nope.. No cake..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

millwood

Reaction score
I know how it feels, I rooted and rommed to superclean 2.6 and my haptic feedback is dead, and my battery drains too quickly, so might as well get my warranty rep, and wait for "official" froyo. If it ever gets here. I tried going back to stock, modem, radio, kernel etc. all dl09 but nope.. No cake..

Just another word for you......try going to this page (specifically post #67) and doing the odin restore to version 2.1 You should be able to do a factory reset from there and it will take you back to completely stock. If you want to backup your Apps and data do that first. Once you get back to stock root again and restore the stuff you want and then unroot. Just my 2 cents.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...ms-w-root-new-clockwork-updated-2-11-a-7.html

millwood

Reaction score
Cant handle this fail battery. Whos with me

What ROM are you using that is giving you terrible battery? I know that I a using SC2.5 right now and it appears as though I am burning through the battery as well, but in all fairness when I check my phone over the course of several hours it only appears as though I am using 4-6 percent on my phone with will give me over 15 hours of use. That is better than I was getting with my stock EA28.

ziggy484

Reaction score

why do you feel you're entitled to a brand new phone just because YOU hacked it and are too lazy to do the research to get it back to stock. If you send it back verizon is going to put it back to stock just like you could.

Marxepic

Reaction score
I've actually gone back to stock several times, as before mentioned I did go back to original dl09, found out the haptic feedback from my phone, not working, was cause the hardware itself was faulty. I have used odin too. That's why I mentioned the modem, radio, and kernel. All dl09. Thank you.

ziggy484

Reaction score
I've actually gone back to stock several times, as before mentioned I did go back to original dl09, found out the haptic feedback from my phone, not working, was cause the hardware itself was faulty. I have used odin too. That's why I mentioned the modem, radio, and kernel. All dl09. Thank you.

Try adrynalyn di01 all in one odin, then ota back up to ea28
Sent from my rooted Froyo Fascinate

Jamis0n

Reaction score
I wonder what everyone is talking about with their issues with the phones. I just Odin again wipe data and cache and reinstall then I'm golden. I had a .acore force close on my contacts and that fixed the issue.

rockin froyo:
sc 2.6 nv

Marxepic

Reaction score

Try adrynalyn di01 all in one odin, then ota back up to ea28
Sent from my rooted Froyo Fascinate

Thanks, but no go either. it's a hardware issue, an issue that I'd rather not fix myself because if do, obviously I'd lose my warranty. even if I already lost it, I can just go back to stock and return it, did it once, can do it again. (brother's droid x) lots of thanks though cause if it happens again with the warranty rep, I could totally use this if it's just a software issue. Also I have to consider that sometimes warranty reps might come with other issues software (easily fixable) or hardware (Ffffuuuuck). Thanks again.