Google calendars not syncing

Casper3686

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with Google calendars not syncing from computer to phone? I also sync with someone else's Google calendar but that is not working now either. I have changed the settings multiple times with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
C

Casper3686

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas????

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

brobox

Reaction score
I'm watching for an answer as well. Mine use to sync when the Razr was new, but for some reason it no longer syncs.

steph1488

Reaction score
Google Calendars not syncing - FOUND RESOLUTION for my Razr

4/14/12
Mine is not working either. Only just noticed it today; haven't been at my PC for a few days and it looks like it hasn't been syncing for a couple of days. (In case you run into this old post from 2011 about changing your options in Gmail to notify with "any" email instead of "new email"....this didn't work for me. It did for some, but like I said, it's an old thread). This DroidForum thread is the newest one I've found. Since it didn't look like we'd found a solution yet, I went back out there digging around some more and FINALLY FOUND THE SOLUTION! For me anyway; hope it works for you guys. (actually, it was 2 different forums so I did this in 2 steps; you may only need to do the second one).

First step:

Here's the link-amazingly it was in Google Mobile Help. Sheesh! It describes going into Setting-->"Accounts & Sync". Unfortunately on the Droid Razr we do not have "Accounts & Sync", only "Accounts" :blink: (I'm reading in a forum right now that delves into that issue, but that's for another thread).

So I just did a manual sync for my Gmail account, syncing everything from Google Play to Calendar ... the calendar took a while to completely sync, but it worked!). Everything was synced; only thing I noticed was my color bars are off, but who cares! That's as far as I could go with this thread. Here's the link:

Problems with sync - Google Mobile Help

Second Step:

Luckily, I found this step over @ AndroidCentral and it worked for me. It involves the Power Widget; sure enough that was my problem. My auto-sync had been disabled. The moment I re-enabled it, I added a new entry in my calendar and it showed up momentarily on my phone. :icon_ banana:Funny thing though...I've NEVER used the Power Widget. The only thing I can think of is when I was fooling around with an app I recently downloaded (Droid Easy Battery Saver ... pretty cool app actually) ... I went into advanced mode and manually played around with different settings to get the optimization I wanted ... perhaps I overrode the "sync" setting in the Power Widget. Not sure, but if I hadn't found the only 2 people out there having the same issue, I would still be SOL!

Anyway, here's the link. Hope one of these 2 helps you out. :)

What is up with Gmail no allowing Auto Sync? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

/steph

bjb0413

Reaction score
Droid RAZR/Verizon

About 2 weeks ago I noticed all appointments in 2 of my 10 calendars disappeared. After trying reboots & setting/resetting the sync,visible/no sync,not visible google calendar options, rebooting.......... I asked my husband to try to sync one of the calendars on his Bionic. Worked for him. He could see all the appointments. I have now discovered that when I click on the sync icon (twirling arrows) in my phone's Settings/Accounts/<google account>@gmail.com/GoogleCalendar Sync the icon twirls for several minutes, then just stops. I can go back hours later & the icon is still sitting there. All other syncs in the account (gmail, data, contacts, etc) run, but as soon as the icon stops spinning, it vanishes.

After that saga, can anyone point me to my next step? Do I just sit back & hope ICS, due for RAZR by end of June, will fix this problem? Oh, & I don't have Power Widget on my phone (suggested as a fix by another unhappy RAZR owner).

Thanks for amy words of wisdom!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try going into settings, applications, manage applications, all, scroll down to the Calender app, clear data and force close it. Throw the widget in the trash. Soft boot the phone(hold power and volume down) then report add the widget...let me know how this works :cool:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

bjb0413

Reaction score
Google Calendars not syncing -- feedback

Try going into settings, applications, manage applications, all, scroll down to the Calender app, clear data and force close it. Throw the widget in the trash. Soft boot the phone(hold power and volume down) then report add the widget...let me know how this works :cool:

I attempted to clear data & force close the Calendar app. I'm assuming, since it's part of the Android system, force closing the app came back with the "force closing an app may cause it to misbehave." I didn't get the popup asking if I wanted to report the problem. I also went to the Calendar Service & force closed it. The Clear Data button was grayed out on both, but all counts were 0B anyway, which could be why the option to clear wasn't available.

Didn't have any widgets to delete.

Soft booted. No change in behavior. The sync icon was not spinning. I turned off/on Calendar Sync. After several minutes, the spinning stopped but stayed visible. The same 2 calendars are still not showing appointments.

Any other good thoughts????

Thanks!

steph1488

Reaction score
google calendar not syncing

Do you have any kind of battery saver or power management app installed? The app I was using turned off my auto sync in the power settings widget ( Easy battery saver) I'd never used that widget, but after searching for hours and hours I found an old post from someone in the philippines who had the exact same problem I was having. ( 1 post out of the dozens I had searched... finally!)

I also have a RAZR and was looking in all my apps but couldn't find it. Then I pulled up "add a widget", scrolled down and there it was. D'oh! I uninstalled "easy battery saver", turned auto sync on in the power settings widget... That did it!

I really liked the "easy battery saver" app, So I reinstalled and just made sure that auto-syncing was enabled. Haven't had any problems since.

Hope this helps :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So try this, long press your screen, anywhere on the home screen. Select Widgets, select, toggle power control. Now this widget will have 5 parts, the arrows forming a circle, that's your data sync. Make sure its on(shows a green indicator).

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Do you have any kind of battery saver or power management app installed? The app I was using turned off my auto sync in the power settings widget ( Easy battery saver) I'd never used that widget, but after searching for hours and hours I found an old post from someone in the philippines who had the exact same problem I was having. ( 1 post out of the dozens I had searched... finally!)

I also have a RAZR and was looking in all my apps but couldn't find it. Then I pulled up "add a widget", scrolled down and there it was. D'oh! I uninstalled "easy battery saver", turned auto sync on in the power settings widget... That did it!

I really liked the "easy battery saver" app, So I reinstalled and just made sure that auto-syncing was enabled. Haven't had any problems since.

My last post was a walk through for her fix.... ^^^ hope it helps?

bjb0413

Reaction score

That was it!!!! When I first got my RAZR (Dec/Jan), I played around with the new Smart Actions app for about a day. When I found out it was basically useless for me, I just totally forgot about it. It popped in my mind when I was going through my apps drawer looking for any app that might have a battery saver routine. When I saw Smart Actions, it all suddenly clicked.

Thank you!!

steph1488

Reaction score
Thank you 94lt1... After I posted I realized I could have detailed a little better. :)

Glad you got it fixed bjb. It drove me crazy for a couple of days! I I even started looking at alternatives to gmail. LOL

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thank you 94lt1... After I posted I realized I could have detailed a little better. :)

Glad you got it fixed bjb. It drove me crazy for a couple of days! I I even started looking at alternatives to gmail. LOL

Thank you... I never imagined that people hadn't looked at this possibility. So now it'll be one of the first things I have people check.. ;)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thank you, too, 94lt1! I've learned a lot tonight.

No problem, I'm glad to have tried to.help. I too learned something tonight :)