Google Chrome

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
On my S6 my Google Chrome keeps shutting off and I have to restart it. It's been doing this since I got it new 2 weeks ago. It's AT&T.....please help thanks....

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Can you explain what you mean by "shutting off"? Does the window close completely, do you get an error message, does it just stop loading pages?

Do you have multiple tabs open at once while this is happening? Have you tried clearing the cache for the Chrome app? It's this only happening on Chrome, or does it happen on any browser?
Let's start there first:
Hang in there, hopefully we can help you find a resolution.

S5 tap'n

OP
eek88dj

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
The browser shuts down never did it on my S5, it doing on the S6. .it Google...just does it on that also my gmail also. Like if you touch Gmail to open it closes have to reopen again. Don't make no sense I already did a factory reset to. The phone only 2 weeks old. Like you said the window closes. There's no error message either. One time it did say Google shut down ..report it.

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
If a factory reset didn't solve the problem, it may be a hardware issue. I would take it to your local AT&T store and have it swapped out.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Has it done this from the very beginning, or did it just recently start happening? Have you disabled any apps? Did your device come with Lollipop or have you upgrade it to Lollipop since you've had it? (If so, did you did you do the factory reset AFTER you took the upgrade?)

Sorry for all the questions, but we have to try and narrow down the problem by process of elimination.

S5 tap'n

OP
eek88dj

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
From the beginning I notice it when I started to use it. I called the store they said software issue not hardware. I don't know the store would help me. It has the new update I did the factory reset after that then I did the hard reset also. It just did it few minutes ago on here. I'm using Google now. No apps disabled.

OP
eek88dj

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I will call the store see if they will give me a new one I don't want a refurb.

OP
eek88dj

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I just cleared the cache on Google.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, the factory reset should have helped if you did it after the update. If clearing your cache doesn't work, definitely call the store back tomorrow and request a replacement. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

S5 tap'n

OP
eek88dj

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I will let you know tomorrow after 4pm when I get off work I know by then if it does it.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Sounds good. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance. Hopefully this is an isolated incident and you'll be back on track with your replacement.

S5 tap'n

OP
eek88dj

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Sounds good. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance. Hopefully this is an isolated incident and you'll be back on track with your replacement.

S5 tap'n
I just got a update on Google chrome lol...I was reading from others on the Google store they are having the same issues Google crashing all the time. I hope this update helps I will see I guess

Reactions: cr6
OP
eek88dj

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
I just got a update on Google chrome lol...I was reading from others on the Google store they are having the same issues Google crashing all the time. I hope this update helps I will see I guess
It still does it. It crashes all the time. You be of line it just boots you off or ask you to report it. I never had this issue with my S5 I had that S5 over 1 year no problems really hating this S6.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Chrome is pretty bad on my S5. It doesn't crash but it's slow as molasses. I even went in an allocated more memory to it. It helped a little bit, but I still prefer Dolphin or CM browsers.

S5 tap'n

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Did you get your phone replaced?