Google Maps not working after update.

dewagator

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea why the new version is not working on my stock Nexus? It seems to be having trouble finding where I am. It would just sit and try to load for 10 or so minutes with out ever finding my location. I uninstalled the update and it went back to working just fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

try clearing the data of the app, see if that helps. Sometimes after an update a fresh start helps, especially with a major update like Maps just had.

It turned out after my map update I had to reenable the GPS. I also am not a fan (at least yet) of the new features. Seems like it's not as easy to go from point A to point B without jumping through a lot of hoops.

It turned out after my map update I had to reenable the GPS. I also am not a fan (at least yet) of the new features. Seems like it's not as easy to go from point A to point B without jumping through a lot of hoops.

I've only used it a couple times but seems easy enough.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I've only used it a couple times but seems easy enough.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I used the turn by turn navigation this morning while out on the motorcycle trying to reach a certain destination about 30 minutes from my house and it closed 3x. I just cleared the cache in the maps and will try it again to see if it continues. I never got the warning that the Google Maps has stopped working before the update.

Back