Google Rolling Out Inbox Invites

Initial release. There a lots of things that I get the feeling they'll be adding in the future, but that does seem like something rather simple that they could've tossed in there.

I think Google is reading this post! o_O I just received an update notification for Inbox and updated the app. Now, under the "Share" option on embedded files, there is an option to share with Drive. Maybe I missed it yesterday (I am getting old...er) but it's there now...under Share...not under Save.

I think Google is reading this post! o_O I just received an update notification for Inbox and updated the app. Now, under the "Share" option on embedded files, there is an option to share with Drive. Maybe I missed it yesterday (I am getting old...er) but it's there now...under Share...not under Save.
Yeah. Drive tends to live in a bizarro world on android. You'd think save because it's a cloud drive, but it treats it more like you'd expect a social media app would be treated and puts in the share menu all the time. Handy for saving things from strange places to drive, but a bit confusing, especially if you're used to the computer where you can make Drive a location on your computer and SAVE things to it. Haha

Reactions: cr6
I just had an update available as well. Before taking it, I checked. Drive was listed under Share before the update. Not that it matters.

Sent from my Note 4

I just had an update available as well. Before taking it, I checked. Drive was listed under Share before the update. Not that it matters.

Sent from my Note 4
OK...thanks for making me feel old. I obviously missed it yesterday. I must have looked under the Save options and not Share.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

For anyone still looking for an invite...

ff80d9f3cf4ce2b98fc63f71fb554e4e.jpg

Sent from my Note 4

I have Invites to share if anyone is still interested in trying out the Inbox app.
Edit: Forgot to mention to PM your G Mail address if you would like an invite.

Last edited:
It looks like Google is sunsetting Inbox, in March 2019. Maybe it didn't catch on the way they had hoped? Or they do just want to focus on one e-mail product? Has anyone used Inbox consistently since it was launched a few years ago? I tried it and found that I like regular G Mail better.

Inbox is signing off. Find your favorite features in the new Gmail

I'm in the same boat as you, Sajo. I never saw the draw. Tried it a couple different times after it launched & never saw any benefit to using it over Gmail.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back