*~*~*GoOgLE TaLk iNVERTED fOR GiNgErBrEaD*~*~*

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mbk said he had similar issues with his trublu gtalk on cyanogen .. it would just fc. He reinstalled the rom and made sure the talk apk's were the same version I think... but he did test ours on cm7 and it worked fine on that too.... maybe there is a connection to another Apk that cause talk to disagree with certain settings?.... yes, that's a question... lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

GirLuvsDroid

Reaction score
Mbk said he had similar issues with his trublu gtalk on cyanogen .. it would just fc. He reinstalled the rom and made sure the talk apk's were the same version I think... but he did test ours on cm7 and it worked fine on that too.... maybe there is a connection to another Apk that cause talk to disagree with certain settings?.... yes, that's a question... lol

I can't imagine what other APK that would be. The stock Talk version works fine. I even tried running these commands to remove all vestiges of Talk from my phone before installing again:

sysrw
busybox rm system/app/Talk.apk
sh com.google.android.talk
cd ..
cd ..
sysro
sync

It still did exactly the same thing when I installed it -- opens, but tries to load endlessly, but not showing the logo (and I can pull up the settings menu and change the Talk settings). It's so strange!

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm just shootin in the dark on this, but gb roms are near capacity on system partition space, data apps just wont install when ya run low on that partition but system apks might just "bootloop" themselves,as an example..like that the memory is so low that that they wont boot up... check your system space and then delete all but the 2 US languages in system/tts /Lang_Pico.... like I said. That might not even make sense, outside my imagination... :)

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Another idea is to flash a different gb rom since we know it works on ud and cm, if it still has issues then its 100% your device and we just need to figure why 3 people on 3 different roms have had issues... yet many others on those same exact roms have had success....

EDIT: You should have someone send you the stock talk Apk from ud or cm gb roms and see if it loads...

GirLuvsDroid

Reaction score
I'm just shootin in the dark on this, but gb roms are near capacity on system partition space, data apps just wont install when ya run low on that partition but system apks might just "bootloop" themselves,as an example..like that the memory is so low that that they wont boot up... check your system space and then delete all but the 2 US languages in system/tts /Lang_Pico.... like I said. That might not even make sense, outside my imagination... :)

I truly appreciate all the help and suggestions, but still no love. I thought I had enough /system space, since I had moved the bootanimation to /data/local and had moved all ringtones to the SD card, but I did as you suggested and cleaned out the additional languages and moved some apps that I ran from /system in Froyo back to /data. Unfortunately, it didn't change a thing with respect to the inverted Talk.

This is another shot in the dark, but did you guys optimize it after you finished inverting? If so, do you have the untouched apk, before you optimized?

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Cakes will have to answer that... I have someone testing a few things... he had issues on cm7 so if he gets it, I'll let ya know what he did... and the app that can affect gtalk is the vending.Apk.... they're tied in somehow (I have heard) so he is gonna try a few different things....

GirLuvsDroid

Reaction score
Cakes will have to answer that... I have someone testing a few things... he had issues on cm7 so if he gets it, I'll let ya know what he did... and the app that can affect gtalk is the vending.Apk.... they're tied in somehow (I have heard) so he is gonna try a few different things....

That is more than I would have ventured to ask, and much appreciated!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

It wasn't a trublue 'talk that I had a issue with on cm7, but rather the trublue 'market'.... I was installing version 2.2.11 into the system partition and then right after it auto updated the market to version 2.3.2, but into the data/app.....thus caused all kinds of fc's ....
.so I thought this might be related, but talk can't seem to install into data/app anyways

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well its not just talk that has issues... thebowers inverted calendar and there are issues and ecsnead's gmail too... so its not us, its gb....

GirLuvsDroid

Reaction score
Well its not just talk that has issues... thebowers inverted calendar and there are issues and ecsnead's gmail too... so its not us, its gb....

Wow, isn't that odd? thebowers inverted calendar and ecsnead69's inverted gmail work fine for me on GB, but I can't get inverted Talk to work for the life of me -- and others are having trouble with the ones that are fine for me. Just weird, is what that is!

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's straight up stooopid.... lol... hopefully we find out what's goin on tho and can fix it.... :)

bdub33

Reaction score
Looks great. Good job. Thanks for doing this

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't use calendar, but gmail (of course), and talk work great for me... also Cakes, I found a black on black text issue that I can give you a fix for... just pm me and I will give you my gtalk address...