Google's Camera APK Available For All On The Play Store!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
k5SqotXs_ja-4ecV9xR6EuEqjqUVQxH76l6tFwqvdmBfG1JoehSOd1k75GC_gM-GJQ=w300

Some OEM camera apps are pretty sweet. I have really been enjoying the Sense 6 camera app which includes awesome features like "selfie mode", "pan 360" (which takes some of the best 360 panorma shots i've ever seen), and some awesome extras that make good use of the dual camera like "3D effect" and the ability to select the focus of your shot. Sometimes you just want a clean and simple camera app so you can quickly take shots without putting much thought into them. The Google Camera takes quick and easy shots and includes a few creative features. With the Google camera you get Photosphere, Lens Blur for SLR like photos with shallow depth of field, Panorama mode, 100% viewfinder for max res with no dropped pixels, and an intuitive menu system that gets out of your way when you don't need it. Google has decided to make their stock AOSP camera app available for mass consumption. You can grab it on the Play Store for free! Grab the apk from the link below.

fLf1Hnqf4Gl9tCzuAUxOv4tJfllb4C-NKphz2Nz1iambtyCu08KfnNXF4Pjcg7uZRrI=h310
ZXuFYq-uTXu1q-_KYOdsQ8B9ZhRq-8ATYRrfQZyCOjbs4zWnKo1m6RAsNcK5v8ddYws=h310
CosgAlmGJZVDn3AIRWaZBzXjVBwQshJnjE6Jd7RpYbLjqNmPbLBSJ-qb0PPKmxgirA=h310

Via Play Store

hradek422

Reaction score
Apparently incompatible with the Galaxy Note 3. Play Store won't let me download it.

Gremlin

Reaction score
It requires Android KitKat to run. If you are on Verizon and on Note3 with Android 4.3, it will not install..

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
That photosphere is pretty freakin cool.

Tap'd from my LG G2

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
It's okay but why in the hell not make it link to the gallery for picture review? That's just awkward.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
It's okay but why in the hell not make it link to the gallery for picture review? That's just awkward.

It does. Swipe from the right side.

Tap'd from my LG G2

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why would it not support 16:9?

I mean, is there any Android phone with KitKat that doesn't have a widescreen camera? LOL

Someone really dropped the ball on that...

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
It does. Swipe from the right side.

Tap'd from my LG G2

Indeed, thank you. I'd enjoy a few more features but I'll be comparing pictures between LG's stock offering and Google's for the next few days and see how it compares. Seems to be either full AI or HDR.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Indeed, thank you. I'd enjoy a few more features but I'll be comparing pictures between LG's stock offering and Google's for the next few days and see how it compares. Seems to be either full AI or HDR.

My G2 takes incredible pictures. Even in low light. The only time I can see myself using this camera app is for novelty purposes.

Oh and when you swipe from the right to view a pic if you click the multi colored pinwheel at the top left it takes you to a thumbnail gallery of all of your pics.

Tap'd from my LG G2