Got droid from friend Vzw wont activate it??

vzwdroid

Reaction score
I dont know how he got it or were from.....
Is there anyways i can see if someone has reported this stolen?
Verizon told me on the phone that i will need to bring my friend with me to verizion to activate the phone???? this seemed really stupid....??

hhhshadydave

Reaction score
Most likely it was stolen or even more likely somebody defaulted on the phone bill which means the esn is locked to that account.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
your friend probably picked it up from someone who lost it.

Did he give you the box and all that? If it was just the phone itself, I would think you wouldn't even try to do something like that...

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
yeah go visit the store and have someone "meet" you to talk about your new gift.. Why would someone give a new droid away anyways. i bet if you went there in person u will be talking to Johnny Law.. i never ever in all my years with verizon ever had to visit their store to activate any phone i got, new or used. I bet its Hot. and they want a body... but i could be wrong... Ill give you a $1 to visit the store... lol

OP
V

vzwdroid

Reaction score
He gave me the box and all, no recipt or nothing though, he said he couldnt use it because he would have to upgrade his account. I didnt ask any questions cause it was free...

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
did he say where he GOT IT FROM? lol its a $600 phone without a contract.. So he just gave it away? Just like that? lol Verizon wont sell it without you being able to upgrade. The only other place i can think of is bestbuy where they will sell you the phone without the contract but for the price tag of $599.. Unless it was a snatch,grab and run discount?

OP
V

vzwdroid

Reaction score
so i guess i cant use it? IS there anyways to see if thats really the problem? The guy I got it from does have alot of money, and does give things away alot. But it still doesnt seem right.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
lol if it sounds too good to be true then it is.

NO ONE would just give a free Droid away. As good as your friend may seem, it seems to me he stole it or something.

J-Buck

Reaction score
lmao its stolen. if it wasn't he would sold it on ebay or something. or maybe yall r tight like that an he was tellin the truth. i need friends like him lol.. but yeh most likely its hot. u can sell it for parts on ebay or send it my way

OP
V

vzwdroid

Reaction score
Can I call verizion and tell them im looking to by a phone off ebay I want to know if its stolen and give them the meid#?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can I call verizion and tell them im looking to by a phone off ebay I want to know if its stolen and give them the meid#?

you might be able to get why they want you to come into the store if you call

The other thing i can think of other than its reported stolen and ur in deep ****( you call to activate the esn of a phone that was reported stolen) is that the esn is linked to another (perhaps his) contract. Why dont you just ask your friend why he gave it to you?

OP
V

vzwdroid

Reaction score
I dont see what that would matter, how does "superseller5000" sound?