Gray Signal Bars?

Khallos

Reaction score
After flashing this ROM I have not once seen blue signal bars. Even sometimes I will have 100% full 4G LTE for 20-30 minutes and the signal bars won't go blue.

I realize that it just indicates whether or not I'm connected to the Google servers, but I just thought it was odd as the bars were hardly ever gray before I flashed the ROM.

Again, I have no signal issues and I have fast speeds, but I just thought that this was weird.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is this expected behavior?

SimFocus

Reaction score
After flashing this ROM I have not once seen blue signal bars. Even sometimes I will have 100% full 4G LTE for 20-30 minutes and the signal bars won't go blue.

I realize that it just indicates whether or not I'm connected to the Google servers, but I just thought it was odd as the bars were hardly ever gray before I flashed the ROM.

Again, I have no signal issues and I have fast speeds, but I just thought that this was weird.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is this expected behavior?

Khallos - there is a general consensus that something going on with the towers right now. I'm also experiencing this issue, and I'm running a different ROM.

**Edit: I'm not getting any 3g or 4g connectivity.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No LTE and grey bars appear to be two separate issues, they just so happen to occur around the same time you probably flashed this ROM. I had LTE all night yesterday after flashing this ROM but had grey bars the whole time, so no connection to google services. Fixed that by wiping a 3rd time and NOT restoring all system data with Titanium Backup, blue bars were back and LTE was rockin... until this morning (chicago) when Verizon LTE started to have problems. You can get consistent 3G if you switch your network settings from LTE/CDMA to CDMA only.

I brought this up over here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...android-revolution-hd-lte-19.html#post1940118

OP
K

Khallos

Reaction score
I'm a little slow, you're saying that restoring the system data is what's causing it?

So, to fix it you just wiped->flashed->restored only apps and app data with Titanium?

I'm asking this because I'm certain that it has nothing to do with the 4G outage because it's been like this for a couple days and I have perfect signal just the signal bars are gray.

Reaction score
I'm a little slow, you're saying that restoring the system data is what's causing it?

So, to fix it you just wiped->flashed->restored only apps and app data with Titanium?

I'm asking this because I'm certain that it has nothing to do with the 4G outage because it's been like this for a couple days and I have perfect signal just the signal bars are gray.

Definitely something with restoring all system data, don't know exactly what. I'm thinking anything that touches any g-apps. The last time I wiped and re-flashed the only thing I restored from system data is my launcher/desktop layout and sms messages. I've been all good since then.

There is a better discussion of it over here, where I also brought it up: xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] Android Revolution HD™ 2.1.2 | High Quality & Performance | LTE | Legendary

This place is kind of a ghost town since I last remember it from my OG Droid times.

dagdoot

Reaction score
I dont get it, what "google services" are we not connected to when we have gray bars? Im still able to access gmail, maps, ect..