[GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

mrmako777

Reaction score
after applying the script with moving cache to sd, i still can see the phone memory dropping on every application install (but consuming lower space than without app2sd), is there anyway to move the applications completely to ext3 partition, i tried app2card and it is useless, never have i succeeded in installation

this has to do with the fact that the applications have to place some files in the internal memory and the apps2sd enable those files that can be placed on the sd card to do so. so far i have over 90 apps installed on mine and still have about 36 mbs left

alsolh

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for clarifying, do you have any solution for motonav space consumption it rips about 30mb of the internal memory

akshata_khan

Reaction score
I have used partition manager & gparted both not working for me please help me.suggest me some good partition manger

jackfrost3821

Reaction score
I ran Clean-up script but it didn't remove any of those applications. I really don't need Motonav, MotoCar Home..

How should I uninstall those applications?

akshata_khan

Reaction score
I have used partition manager,mini tool partition & gparted.All have failed as i make partition & disconnect it from pc phone says blank sd & at times unsupported format.will too much of formatting harm my sd??

Last edited:

3rdstring

Reaction score
I ran Clean-up script but it didn't remove any of those applications. I really don't need Motonav, MotoCar Home..

TitaniumBackup has a "Chuck Norris" mode which allows you to uninstall system apps, you can even just "freeze" the app, reboot your phone & check functionality for a time to make sure nothing else gets broken before you uninstall.

HTH

shinobi

Reaction score
I have used partition manager,mini tool partition & gparted.All have failed as i make partition & disconnect it from pc phone says blank sd & at times unsupported format.will too much of formatting harm my sd??

You must reboot the phone after partitioning.
The phone doesn't know that you partitioned it, and won't look for new mounts.

alsolh

Reaction score

I used SystemApp Remover to uninstall these applications, but make sure to make a backup using the same software before removing them

queens49

Reaction score
I was able to install the scripts onto a Wind Mobile XT720 using a modified version of the US script. I had to change the mounting point, just like kousik and it installed with no errors. Overclocked to 1GHz, Quandrant Standard score was ~720, compared to ~540 @ 1GHz (but no JIT)

xxxtt

Reaction score
hi, i have a question, how do you check whether the jit for the froyo is working properly cos im only getting quadrant scores within the 500 range instead of the 700 range that u r all getting despite overclocking at 1Ghz.

I flashed to the cental europe firmware and installed the central europe optimizer script.

Thanks!

jackfrost3821

Reaction score
Whenever I play music in background and wake up screen by pressing power button, music pauses a bit. Is anyone here aware about this problem? Do anyone know how to fix this??

xxxtt

Reaction score
Did you install busybox and root the phone before installing?

Yep, i did, solved my problem, thank you for replying. :)

But i got another question regarding app2sd - i downloaded only 14 applications but im already left with 92mb of internal storage even if i moved all my cache to sdcard. I've heard of other xt720 users with app2sd having 100 apps but left with 100mb internal storage.

I am sure my app2sd is working cos i tried downloading a huge file of 14mb but my internal memory merely reduced by approx 1mb.

Is there any app that can see whats hogging my internal memory n ram n how do i clear it up???

akshata_khan

Reaction score
whereever i try running the script & try to install apps2sd it gives error saying
insmod of ext2 successful
mount: No such file or directory
Error mounting sd ext2,exiting script.
Cant someone give me solution to it??