Hacking/tweaking 3G settings and the radio driver

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
Would love to try the 3g hack, but in root explorer, I can't find the local.prop file. I am having problems with my root, explained in another forum, but just because I can't get root explorer to give read-write permissions, I should still be able to find the file, eh? Thanks!

D2G rooted.

bvjens31

Reaction score
Does our root explorer have to be "Root Explorer"? I am using File Expert now (free) and can see my \data directory, but when I open it, it's empty. So I'm assuming that I need to just buy Root Explorer.

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
Does our root explorer have to be "Root Explorer"? I am using File Expert now (free) and can see my \data directory, but when I open it, it's empty. So I'm assuming that I need to just buy Root Explorer.

I'm using Root Explorer and mine is empty as well. Could be a root problem ....

D2G rooted.

bvjens31

Reaction score
I'm using Root Explorer and mine is empty as well. Could be a root problem ....

D2G rooted.

I've got root, that I'm certain of. TiBa can freeze my apps and also Root Checker says I'm rooted. I'm very interested to get at least the first hack tried out. My DL speeds are terrrrrible.
My last 4 pings: 184ms, 174ms, 377ms, 185ms
My last 4 DL speeds: 168Kb, 40Kb, 64 Kb, 64Kb
My last 4 UP speeds: 521Kb, 725Kb, 609Kb, 493Kb

Pretty outstanding huh?

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's just a bug that jbird is gonna fix. I asked him about it yesterday. If you check the build prop (at the bottom), you'll see the extra lines added for the 3g hack. As long as it's there, it's enabled regardless if the box is checked or not. Hope this helps

473x15

Reaction score
It's just a bug that jbird is gonna fix. I asked him about it yesterday. If you check the build prop (at the bottom), you'll see the extra lines added for the 3g hack. As long as it's there, it's enabled regardless if the box is checked or not. Hope this helps

tks i will check dax,,one more question do you know if the donation version is the fix one cause i would like to donate for this app.. yes i do have the preview version for free.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it is. You can get the latest version for free too. Just check the market link. It's great to donate too of course!

473x15

Reaction score
I'm sure it is. You can get the latest version for free too. Just check the market link. It's great to donate too of course!

tks dude i would get it rite now.

froggy503

Reaction score
Tried this hack and my 3G speeds went from 350 kbps to 1400 kbps! On first try it didn't work because I didn't find the MA setting, which is under the Main tab. After I got that figured out it worked great! Thanks!

473x15

Reaction score
by any chance anyone of you guys know how to remove the shaking thing from the stock lock when you open your device.

silver6054

Reaction score
Tried this hack and my 3G speeds went from 350 kbps to 1400 kbps! On first try it didn't work because I didn't find the MA setting, which is under the Main tab. After I got that figured out it worked great! Thanks!
This was the build.prop or radiocomm? On Verizon?

I still don't see how the first hack, which is pure GSM, can impact CDMA 3G speeds, although I guess people here says it does.