handcent photo sending issues

musicbysterling

Reaction score
When I was using Go SMS, it started texting pictures as attachments with a web URL. Switched to handset SMS which my kids send pictures to me all the time on their Droid 4 and my Galaxy S4 won't send pictures through text??? Any ideas?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I always had trouble with Handcent and MMS, not a single hiccup with GoSMS.

Do any error messages pop up or does it have the picture trying to constantly send and it doesn't? Try clearing the cache of the app.

OP
M

musicbysterling

Reaction score
Thank you, Droid friends! Taking it off Wi-Fi sent the picture through handcent! I have no idea Why..I would've stayed with Go SMS but the pictures were giving my kids web URL and not the photos. At least I have this option back through handcent.. thank you so much!!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thank you, Droid friends! Taking it off Wi-Fi sent the picture through handcent! I have no idea Why..I would've stayed with Go SMS but the pictures were giving my kids web URL and not the photos. At least I have this option back through handcent.. thank you so much!!
Unfortunately Go has this option to send through Go services, and the button is right next to the regular attachment. You can try giving it another shot if you want, but I never had an issue. One time I did accidentally hit the GO option and something happened, but I forgot what now.

GVLBob

Reaction score
My understanding is that "that's just the way it works". The app is supposed to turn off WiFi as part of the process, but sometimes that doesn't work properly.

I thought that Handcent wasn't supposed to have that problem, but perhaps it does.

Did you reboot the phone after installing Handcent?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
M

musicbysterling

Reaction score
I will try rebooting phone. But at least I have a way to send photos on handset if I want. You folks are so great! Online experts..don't know what I'd do.. :)