Has anyone got a case they really like yet?

Schimm

Reaction score
The seidio surface would be perfect if the upper and lower lips didn't interfere with button pushing or dragging down the notify bar. The glossy silicon doesn't give you enough room to finger the power button. The extended battery distorts the silicon case but fits fine with the seidio. So not entirely satisfied yet.

Gebo

Reaction score
The seidio surface would be perfect if the upper and lower lips didn't interfere with button pushing or dragging down the notify bar. The glossy silicon doesn't give you enough room to finger the power button. The extended battery distorts the silicon case but fits fine with the seidio. So not entirely satisfied yet.

I agree 95%. This is the case I am using. I think it is the best so far, but like Schimm, I am not completely satisfied. When the Otterbox Commuter comes out, I will be on it. I have never been dissatisfied with any of their products. I don't know why it is taking them so long....

Schimm

Reaction score

I agree 95%. This is the case I am using. I think it is the best so far, but like Schimm, I am not completely satisfied. When the Otterbox Commuter comes out, I will be on it. I have never been dissatisfied with any of their products. I don't know why it is taking them so long....

I think I finally found the winner today. So now I have three cases. :icon_eek:

It's the Verizon/Moto body glove, the same case I used for the Droid 1. And I now have this instinctive desire to slide out a phantom keypad on the X. :redface:

Anyway, on the plus side the lip on the top and bottom does not extend far enough to interfere with operation of the notify window or bottom buttons. Thumbs up on the extended battery....case fits with the extended door (BTW, I let a Verizon store employee apply the case and he knew the extended battery was there and had no problems snapping it into place. Comes off easy too).

On the negative side the seams show more on the side. Not because of the extended battery but just because the way the case is made.

$29....I'm done now with cases. :icon_ banana:

JoelWRX

Reaction score
IMHO I don't like cases but I love Zagg shields, they offer superior protection and added grip.

Droid X Case

Reaction score
No. I got the ebay case for $5 shipped. Well, you get what you pay for. It's worth the $5, don't get me wrong, but I'm not happy with it.

I got a ebay case, it was $8 for 4 cases so I bought em. They are horrible, three of them have cracks at the thin plastic at the top that separates the screen cutout from the power button cut out, it breaks there. Also the bottom piece is warped on one side so it leaves a lip that only goes away when you bend the plastic bottom back into the phone.

For those reasons I made my own case, currently at prototype stage, and obviously I love it, and no wonder, I designed it!

HeroNova

Reaction score
I switch between the carbon fiber case and the blue high gloss case both from VZW. I've been using the blue one recently because I needed a belt clip or pouch for my case for work. In dress pants, the X looks like I have a brick in my pocket. I got the pouch and only the blue case fits well enough right now. Not happy with the pouch though and I'm considering just picking up the spring clip from vzw and going naked.

maronn

Reaction score
Everyone has their reasons. Mine is work related. I build vzw cell sites. I need my phone on me at all times. Therefore a rugged case with a clip caters awesome to me. The phones not superman so its better safe than sorry.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

lovingmydroid

Reaction score
I can not find a case that I like and that will fit with the extended battery. I really want a combo case/holster. Does anyone have a good suggestion?

soba1

Reaction score
Well This Is How I Sport Mine

I have this.......
Mobi Products Skin Case for Motorola Droid X - Droid Skin Cases - Droid Forums Store

Tucked inside of this.......
Mobi Products Clip Pouch - Droid Pocket Pouches - Droid Forums Store

While carrying it around in this
M-2 WAISTPACK - MAXPEDITION HARD-USE GEAR Tactical Nylon Gear for Military, Law Enforcement, Tactical Concealed Carry; Tailored to Perform Tactical

Now before you say the last is too bulky. Hear me...
It serves as a wallet as well, I have my cards in one pocket and my cash in the other, also I can put a spare battery in there and keep my head phones in that very front outer pouch.
Why the soft case? Because I don't have a screen protector so just a lil
extra added protection.....
So I might be anal, oh well

soba1

Reaction score
No. I got the ebay case for $5 shipped. Well, you get what you pay for. It's worth the $5, don't get me wrong, but I'm not happy with it.

I got a ebay case, it was $8 for 4 cases so I bought em. They are horrible, three of them have cracks at the thin plastic at the top that separates the screen cutout from the power button cut out, it breaks there. Also the bottom piece is warped on one side so it leaves a lip that only goes away when you bend the plastic bottom back into the phone.

For those reasons I made my own case, currently at prototype stage, and obviously I love it, and no wonder, I designed it!

Would love to see the front.....

droidphreak

Reaction score

If you need any Beta testers let me know I would love to try one of your cases :)

jloya

Reaction score
looking at cases ive been a little skeptical but maybe someone can provide some feedback

do any of these cases or any cases youve tried affect the picture quality? I fear that the case may distort the flash or things along those lines