Hasselblad Camera Moto Mod

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Motorola Announces Hasselblad Moto Mod for Moto Z Family, Priced at $249 | Droid Life

This is the Hasselblad True Zoom, the essential camera add-on for the Moto Z

So, I sort of want this, even though I don't need it. The zoom is what I would really want it for, though it could not replace my aging Canon Powershot with 30x optical zoom. The other cameras that we use at the house are small point and shoot Fuji and Nikon Waterproof cameras which would be used for a different purpose. The mod sort of falls in a gray area, as the Force camera is pretty awesome by itself.

At $250, I'll wait. At $100 I would buy.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Looks pretty cool, but illustrates my early concern when we first started hearing things about this device. Do you end up needing to carry a bag of mods around? The zoom looks like a nice feature to have under certain circumstances, but I can't see carrying the phone around all day with it on unless I was actively using the camera for the whole day.

Not trying to knock it. I'm glad to see more mods coming out. Just trying to figure out the logistics of it all as more and more come out that I think would be cool to have if I had the phone.

OP
legalkill

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
There is the special case. I managed to fit the speaker and the projector in the sleeve the projector came with. I am thinking that you just prepare for what you are doing and carry what you want to use.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
All of the mods sound like they are awesome and doing exactly what they are supposed to do. Personally (for me only, not knocking anyone else), I don't see a need for a mod at this time. Don't need the speaker mod. I don't listen to music at work, too busy running around and not at my desk for more than a few minutes at a time. I haven't had the need for the battery mod. The battery is great as is (not fantastic, but very good) and charges very fast if I need more juice. I have multiple high quality tiny projectors that I could use if I felt the need. The Hasselblad camera mod wouldn't be anywhere near as good as my small point and shoot let alone my full sized Nikon. If I know I'm going to take pictures that I want high quality, I'm using something better than my phone even with the mod. I sure don't want to carry around a bag full of mods "just in case". Others may feel that the mods are lifesavers for them. That's what I really like about this phone...LOTS OF OPTIONS to fit almost any user or situation. Bring on more mods!! People will find a way to use them.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Motorola Announces Hasselblad Moto Mod for Moto Z Family, Priced at $249 | Droid Life

This is the Hasselblad True Zoom, the essential camera add-on for the Moto Z

So, I sort of want this, even though I don't need it. The zoom is what I would really want it for, though it could not replace my aging Canon Powershot with 30x optical zoom. The other cameras that we use at the house are small point and shoot Fuji and Nikon Waterproof cameras which would be used for a different purpose. The mod sort of falls in a gray area, as the Force camera is pretty awesome by itself.

At $250, I'll wait. At $100 I would buy.
Yeah I've got a moto z force too and it's been a while since I've had a real camera other than my phone... Like you said... The camera on the z force is really good and the Hasselblad mod is really expensive.... I'm going to wait awhile too... See if it comes down in price a bit... Any comments on the other mods for the z force? I don't think i need a stronger battery at this point as the stock battery lasts almost 2 days... My old phone had to be charged twice a day and was slow as ****. So what else is there that any body's tried so far?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty cool, but illustrates my early concern when we first started hearing things about this device. Do you end up needing to carry a bag of mods around? The zoom looks like a nice feature to have under certain circumstances, but I can't see carrying the phone around all day with it on unless I was actively using the camera for the whole day.

Not trying to knock it. I'm glad to see more mods coming out. Just trying to figure out the logistics of it all as more and more come out that I think would be cool to have if I had the phone.
I was thinking about the logistics of carrying around extra stuff all day too.. Probably might be a little delicate to throw in my purse (lol).

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
There is the special case. I managed to fit the speaker and the projector in the sleeve the projector came with. I am thinking that you just prepare for what you are doing and carry what you want to use.
How do you like the projector and the speaker?

OP
legalkill

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
How do you like the projector and the speaker?

I really like the projector. I like finding ways to use it. I don't use the speaker as much, as we have exogear bluetooth speakers that are really good that we are in the habit of using. If I didn't already have a bluetooth speaker it would probably be used more.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My son has the same phone and he got the projector free as part of the deal when he bought it... He loves it. As time goes by, I bet the prices for mods will go down and more will come out.. It's really a great concept!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk