HAVA Android App

Technoman

Reaction score
Hey all,
For those of you that have a HAVA multimedia streaming device (link below for the primary site for them), I have contacted them and asked about an APP.

HAVA - Play Your TV Anywhere - HAVA Video Streamer; HAVA Place-Shifter; HAVA Mobile TV

The response that I got back is pasted below:

Thank you for contacting HAVA Support.
HAVA Client for Andriod Platform is in Development phase and will be available early next year.
Thank you for choosing HAVA.
HAVA Support
1-866-YES-HAVA
09:00 PST to 21:00 PST
Monday to Saturday
[email protected]
HAVA-Play Your TV Anywhere-HAVA Video Streamer; HAVA Place-Shifter; HAVA Mobile TV

john22savage

Reaction score
Third Party HAVA Player on Market

There is a new 3rd party android player for the Hava boxes. Search for TestTube on Market. It only costs $2.99. It's a little tricky to configure. Had to Port Forward port 1778 on my router to the Hava device, but once that was done, it works GREAT! Here is developers site: TestTube Updates (Over Voltage Software)

drowe

Reaction score
I agree it is a great app! Been using it since day one and the dev is very good about including suggestions. It is supported in a Google Group (search for testtube).

David

drbenj59

Reaction score
Testtube Over 3G?

I have the Testtube app working great in my home over WIFI. Has anyone gotten this to work over Verizon 3G? If so, can you share details of how you made it work?

This app is fantastic.

Dave

drowe

Reaction score
I have the Testtube app working great in my home over WIFI. Has anyone gotten this to work over Verizon 3G? If so, can you share details of how you made it work?

This app is fantastic.

Dave

The short answer.... Put the hava on the dmz, forward port 1778 to the hava address and connect with your router's WAN address.
There are a lot of detailed posts in the google group that goes into more detail. I've got it working like a champ on my home network and Verizon 3g network. It is pretty easy.

David

tbodwin

Reaction score
Hooking up my hava to my router

HELLO, Been trying to set the test tube on my phone, now i read something about hooking up my hava to my router 1778, not sure how to do that, can u plz explain how to do that, Thank u thom

Lumpy

Reaction score
The short answer.... Put the hava on the dmz, forward port 1778 to the hava address and connect with your router's WAN address.
There are a lot of detailed posts in the google group that goes into more detail. I've got it working like a champ on my home network and Verizon 3g network. It is pretty easy.

David

DMZ was the trick. Works well on my DX with 2.2 over 3g. Thanks.dancedroid

whats the diff between this thing and slingbox?

Slingbox/Player has more restrictions than Monsoon's Hava Player.

Only one stream local or remote. Hava Player will let you save the DVR recording. Sling won't.

Of course Test Tube won't do any of that either, but it's all there is for Android right now and I'm thankful for it.

My Hava Platinum was a lot cheaper, way easier to set up, I like the PQ better and no audio sync issues like my Slingbox Pro. The only real negative is frame rate.

justinr128

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG Stylo 3
I know this is an old thread but anyone like me with a HAVA Platnium and a newer Android phone/tablet might find it useful. I have an Android 7.0 (Nougat) phone and the official Vulkano Monsoon app no longer works. I was able to use the Testube app
TestTube Updates - Over Voltage Software
I needed to install the .apk directly since it is no longer on the Play store. As far as i'm concerned Testube is the only functional app for us with this ancient but awesome hardware.