Help fix my droid please!

jwolb33

Reaction score
Until yesterday my droid worked fine. I wouldn't let me make calls or send messages so then I did some reading. I did a hard reset and now I can't even log into my google account so nothing will load back onto my phone. Now my phone is pretty much dead. Any suggestions?? Please help. It's my only phone.

OP
J

jwolb33

Reaction score
I took it to the Verizon store and they told me that there is nothing they can do because it is rooted. Oh yeah, the phone doesn't have 3g anymore.

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Couple things : were you on a custom rom or stock rom?.. Did you make a nandroid back up at any time? .. Do you have a custom recovery or did you root with z4root?..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
J

jwolb33

Reaction score
I was using Bugless Beast. Yes there are backups but without 3g I can't do anything.

OP
J

jwolb33

Reaction score
I did a restore. most things came back but still no 3g so I can't login.

OP
J

jwolb33

Reaction score
How do I get the network back?? I tried *228 didn't work.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not to smart to bring your phone back to verizon while it was rooted.

1st did you put it in airplane mode and then back to normal? Does 3g return? If not:
use link 2 in my sig to use RSDlite and sbf back to stock then use link 3 to re-root and then restore your backup

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you have a hardware broken phone.

either that or the baseband is screwed up but I have no idea how to change that.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

OP
J

jwolb33

Reaction score
Does that mean for the remainder of my contract I will be paying for a device that I will only be able to make calls on if i'm lucky?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Did you try to use RSDlite to SBF your phone? That restores ALL software and files on the phone to what they were out of the box. If an SBF doesn't fix things, then your hardware is dead. At that point, after the SBF, you will no longer be rooted and could possibly try to do a warranty claim over the phone or at a different store.

OP
J

jwolb33

Reaction score
After I use RSDlite to SBF my phone and turn it back on it's like nothing happened. I did it correctly. It say that i'm still rooted.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Thats...kinda odd? Shouldnt an sbf you know....fully reset the phone, completely? You'll lose everything that isnt on the sd card basically.