help on simply stunning 4.8...error

stabl4life82

Reaction score
it keeps saying when it goes to install simply stunning 4.8 that it cannot mount sd card....no such file or directory....and then it will give me options to reboot back to my normal settings before i tried the rom..i have tried 3 times and i have flashed a bunch also...any ideas or suggestions? i already have 4.7 installed

drpaul07

Reaction score
did you ever get it to work? are you using sprecovery?

it says this on chevy's page where you download the rom:

CAVEAT: If you are running SPR the process cannot be fully automated. You will get to recovery but it will say update failed. You will need to mount the SD card, the newest zip needs to be renamed to update.zip. Unmount, go back and 'allow update' and then install update.zip. Reboot.

ebruot

Reaction score
did you ever get it to work? are you using sprecovery?

it says this on chevy's page where you download the rom:

CAVEAT: If you are running SPR the process cannot be fully automated. You will get to recovery but it will say update failed. You will need to mount the SD card, the newest zip needs to be renamed to update.zip. Unmount, go back and 'allow update' and then install update.zip. Reboot.

I believe that is referring to the OTA updates through Chevy's Tool, not the actual ROM download.

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
I am using clockwork recovery. I didn't have a problem when I installed the 4.7 download about a month ago....it just keeps saying that error. I don't know if it just cause I need to wipe everyhthing or what

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
scratch RM method...go to his directory, and download the zip file to your pc, reboot to recovery, clear cache and data 3 times, mount usb and move ss4.8 zip over and install that way.

Thats what I did, and I have had no issues. I also downloaded his new kernels (1.0ghz lv, new one...not the old kernels). If you get a boot loop with the stock kernel thats on the ROM, then pull battery and go back into recovery and install the kernel .zip file...reboot again.