help please

lovelltim

Reaction score
I do not know what happened, I lost my home screen that I had, I tried to go to personalize it again and the custom setting is gone??? I went to set it back up like I had it and the HTC widgets are gone, the Android widget is gone, it has the options of shortcuts, widgets, folders, and wallpaper. what happened? I tried to do a factory reset by holding the volume down button and power button but that did not help so what do I do now? Also my home screen does not have the phone and + sign down on the bottom, it has a tag that you slide up for all programs. can any one help.
Thanks

stock I think, it has 2.1 on it, I bought it off ebay about 6 months ago

SOunds like HTC Sense UI got disabled somehow. My wife did that once. Try this:

menu>settings>applications>manage applications
scroll down to HTC Sense and select it then select clear defaults
hit the home key and a pop up will appear. check the box to do this action by default and then select Sense.

it does not give me the option to clear defaults, so now what?
also Menu > settings > Personalize > Scenes. Check the HTC option does not help, I have tried that and all of the other ones down to clean slate and nothing changes.

I got it back i am not sure how but it is good now, Thanks everyone.

yesterday my droid started when i would mash the power button to make a call or anything the screen shows up white with a bunch of lines running down it. i could pull the batt. and it would be fine.i had downloaded the white pages app so i deleted it along with a few more apps i dont use anymore. i put it on charge and let charge during the night. it was fine this morning when i unplugged it. well i just went to use it and now im getting the same white screen. so i pulled the batt. again and that did nothing to help. i hooked it to puterthought it might help but the puter dont even see it..it is a stock droid 3 with the latest up dates.......thanks for any help

safe mode didnt work it still powered up with the white screen with lines on it. i contacted verizon and they said there is no cure for that screen.sending me a new phone monday. thanks for your help

safe mode didnt work it still powered up with the white screen with lines on it. i contacted verizon and they said there is no cure for that screen.sending me a new phone monday. thanks for your help

No problem, that was the correct thing to do. Glad you're getting a replacement phone.

Back