(Help) Problem with Android OS (kernel)

kratosmpl

Reaction score
I have problem with Android OS (kernel).

Android OS always >60% battery Used. I used to Watchdog to monitor, i saw that Suspend process is about >70%.
It's draning my battery so much. I charged to 100%, but it can use about 12h.

Help me, please. what can i do?

Thanks

linuxgator

Reaction score
I have problem with Android OS (kernel).

Android OS always >60% battery Used. I used to Watchdog to monitor, i saw that Suspend process is about >70%.
It's draning my battery so much. I charged to 100%, but it can use about 12h.

Help me, please. what can i do?

Thanks

Part of that is caused by a bug in the kernel, but something that you might try is to go into the Wi-Fi settings, then press the menu button and select Advanced, then check and make sure the Wi-Fi sleep policy is set to Never. Otherwise, it sounds like a program is running amok. Facebook and a few other apps which are set to check their server at a small interval can also cause problems, so I suggest looking into programs like that.

OP
K

kratosmpl

Reaction score
Part of that is caused by a bug in the kernel, but something that you might try is to go into the Wi-Fi settings, then press the menu button and select Advanced, then check and make sure the Wi-Fi sleep policy is set to Never. Otherwise, it sounds like a program is running amok. Facebook and a few other apps which are set to check their server at a small interval can also cause problems, so I suggest looking into programs like that.

Thanks for reply.

I think so. Cause of this problem is Wifi.
Yesterday, i flash new rom Deodexed XT862 .906 SAFE mode from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/teamhaters/210941-deodexed-xt862-906-safe-mode.html. It does not appear. Android OS about 4%. But When I connect to Wifi, it returns and i can't stop it. Android OS continues to burn my battery..
I only can refash rom Deodexed XT862 and don't use wifi. it so bad.
What can i do anything?
Help me, please.

Thanks!

OP
K

kratosmpl

Reaction score
Now, i will try uninstall all social network (facebook, twiter,...) and report later.

linuxgator

Reaction score
The best I can suggest after the social networks is to make sure that the Wi-Fi Sleep Policy is set to Never. I generally still get a higher percentage of Android OS, sometimes as much as 30%, but it is usually when there aren't other things eating up more battery, like the display. Something I have noticed about it is that if I select Android OS in battery info, where it shows the percent, it also tells CPU use time, which seems to run about 3 minutes for every hour of uptime. This is much higher than I have seen on other phones I have used, but I can still normally get a whole day out of it with light to moderate use.

OP
K

kratosmpl

Reaction score
The best I can suggest after the social networks is to make sure that the Wi-Fi Sleep Policy is set to Never. I generally still get a higher percentage of Android OS, sometimes as much as 30%, but it is usually when there aren't other things eating up more battery, like the display. Something I have noticed about it is that if I select Android OS in battery info, where it shows the percent, it also tells CPU use time, which seems to run about 3 minutes for every hour of uptime. This is much higher than I have seen on other phones I have used, but I can still normally get a whole day out of it with light to moderate use.

The Wi-fi Sleep policy has already set to never everytime. i also uninstall all social network.
Today, i reflash rom, but the problem appear, i can't stop it.
I don't know why? I can't remember what did i do yesterday.

Help me continue, please.
Thanks.

linuxgator

Reaction score
Hmm, have you tried wiping the cache and dalvik cache in the recovery, where you install the ROMs from? If that isn't it, then I'm not sure what the problem could be.

OP
K

kratosmpl

Reaction score
So bad. I can't stop it.
I hope that in the next time there will new roms which fix this bug.
I'm look forwarding to developers.

Thanks again.

linuxgator

Reaction score
You are on the .906 base, right? As in you updated to that in your base while still on stock before installing any roms.

OP
K

kratosmpl

Reaction score
You are on the .906 base, right? As in you updated to that in your base while still on stock before installing any roms.

i don't understand your idea?
You want to say that before I install new rom, i should on the .906 base, right?

linuxgator

Reaction score
Correct. Using the official Motorola software update. Meaning that you have the latest kernel/baseband etc.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
K

kratosmpl

Reaction score
I don't know that how it affect to my phone.
But i will try.
In previous, i often flash new rom from any rom base. it's not correct?

linuxgator

Reaction score
You can flash pretty much any ROM over any base, however there are more bugfixes in the latest build. Could you look at the time that the Android OS is running compared to the time since charged?

OP
K

kratosmpl

Reaction score
It does not work. Android OS is still draining battery very much.
I'm using Scud Battery (1800), i don't have original battery.
Can my battery be the cause?