help setting up modem!!!

johnstr

Reaction score
I'm getting very frustrated!! I'm trying to use my Droid to use as a modem on my laptop. I download adpnet from the market.... followed the steps.... connected my phone to the laptop.. problem is that i don't see a tray icon! My computer is reconizes that I have new hardware but is asking for a cd to be inserted??? So what am i doing wrong here?? I have a gateway with Windows Vista. Any help would be very very very appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

Can I do that from my phone??? I'm pretty Sure I did. I don't have internet service on my computer now..... is that what I need??? Get online with my laptop to install the software to it......

Can I do that from my phone??? I'm pretty Sure I did. I don't have internet service on my computer now..... is that what I need??? Get online with my laptop to install the software to it......

Yes download with your Droid and transfer it to your PC.

Make sure you get the correct installer.

Thanks for you help. I'm sure I did all that already..... what's the correct installer?? Ty!

I downloaded pdanet. I picked the right one for windows xp. I plugged the phone into the computer. I went to menu on my Droid, notifications, usb connected,. Why isn't there a icon on my laptop.. what am I missing here...

Step 3 says..... run dpanet from " download" directory.... where is that?

Rephrase... how do I copy it to my pc once I've installed it on my Droid..

Back