HELP - Stuck on HTC White Screen - Different than other posts

Tha187um

Reaction score
Hi All, something odd happened today. I've been on Global RUU for a couple of weeks already... then I decided to try out Vigor 360 1.1.. everything has been fine (besides the horrendous battery life, but thats besides the point right now) so I bought HD Battery Pro to calibrate the app and keep a good track of my battery... one thing Ive been doing is that once a day I reboot the phone when I open too many apps... so today about 2 hours ago I rebooted the phone, mind u, EVERYTHING was working, I did a simple press power button and reboot.

it never booted up, it gets stuck on white HTC screen. now I read many, if not all threads about stuck on white screen, such as this one:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-rezound-help/219145-rezound-stuck-white-htc-screen-2.html

and all links to different post about it as well. How my case differs from those is that I CANNOT do anything with the phone...

I can only boot into fastboot and that is about it,

If I try to boot to recovery, it gets stuck on white screen and then the phone turns off.
the same exact thing happens if I try to do factory reset :(

If I boot to fastboot, it says on the phone fastboot USB, but the computer never sees it, so I cannot flash recovery to it again, it remains on waiting for device :*(

I cannot even flash ruu because bootloader is unlocked, and since i cannot use fastboot from the pc, i cannot re-lock it..

Im stuck guys, I have no idea what else to try... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Ok Im getting somewhere I think, I updated everything and I managed to see the phone from the PC....

I upgraded to HTC Sync 3.2.20...
I upgraded SDK Manager to SDK Tools to ver. 20.0.3 and SDK-Platform Tools to ver. 14
I rebooted everything and now I can see the phone, however, everything else remains the same, no factory reset, no recovery boot, nothing... but at least i managed to re-lock the bootloader though it gave me an error when i relocked it:

Status Read Failed - too many links
but when i boot up the phone it says relocked... and at least it is letting me install RUU again, I hope it goes through, it's on its second boot... :icon_eek:

Ok, I managed to get back up and running with the above steps... that was scary... any idea what might have happened?

Sounds like you got some corrupt firmware or a bad kernel somewhere along the way.

Back