Help/What do you think?Reboot every time dropped from 2 in. or more

B

bens42608

Solved

UPDATE: TRADED BATTERY FOR A NEW ONE AND EVERYTHING IS FIXED

Today my phone dropped from my lap off the couch to the ground a couple feet. I have a bionic with the extended battery. My phone rebooted itself and I said wtf? Then later, I dropped my phone onto the table- about a 2 inch drop, not hard just a lil plop as I set it down. It rebooted again and I said wtf? And I felt nauseas because now it seemed to be a consistent problem. Therefore, I lifted it up and dropped it from about an inch above the table and it reboots every time. I figured maybe the extended battery was losing contact somewhat when the small shockwave traveled through the phone so I tried this test with the stock battery and it's solid, no reboot. I'm quite certain the ext. Bat didn't used to do this.... so.... any suggestions/theories? I guess I could buy another one while they're still on sale for $25 but I'd like to know the specifics of this problem to be sure it wouldn't happen with the new one. Also, although returning it would be the best option to trade it, I happened to have set a bottle of water next to my phone on the couch a few days ago and the bottle had a defective cap that dripped onto my bionic- didn't hurt anything but managed to trigger the little sticker on the battery that signals water damage and I believe voids the warranty, so I'm unclear of my options. Any suggestions/theories are appreciated. I haven't been able to figure this out on my own

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Suggestions or theories? Well, going by what you say it HAS to be the extended battery losing contact. Maybe the water somehow got on the battery contacts and slightly corroded them, and now the connection needs to be more secure between the battery and the phone? You could try cleaning the contacts on the extended battery and inside the phone with isopropyl. Beyond that you are basically screwed because of the H2O indicator unless you have insurance.

Are you sure the extended battery cover is snapped on the phone securely? Maybe one of the little tabs is broken?