Hi, I am new to this and just bought my first Droid

susiek

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to transfer music from my computer to the SDcard I installed in my phone? I want to use some of the songs as Ringtones but don't know how to. Please help..dancedroid

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site

Plug your phone into the computer using a USB cable. The phone should make a notification sound and options will appear in the notification bar. Choose USB mass storage.

On your computer, go to my computer and find the phone. On mine its usually drive M or drive H. Then just drag and drop the files onto the SD Card like a flash drive.

MIUI

OP
S

susiek

Reaction score
dancedroiddancedroid
Welcome to the site

Plug your phone into the computer using a USB cable. The phone should make a notification sound and options will appear in the notification bar. Choose USB mass storage.

On your computer, go to my computer and find the phone. On mine its usually drive M or drive H. Then just drag and drop the files onto the SD Card like a flash drive.

MIUI

OP
S

susiek

Reaction score
Thanks Brad, it worked and is so easy once I followed your directions...have been downloadng all afternoon...now how do I transfer pictures from my album to my droid?:droideris:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brad, it worked and is so easy once I followed your directions...have been downloadng all afternoon...now how do I transfer pictures from my album to my droid?:droideris:

Its the same thing really. Just drag and drop from your computer to your phone. You can put it in the DCIM folder of your phone.

CM74DX