Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
After talking with my friend from Verizon . He asked me to hold off as long as I can since I am going to buy this phone outright. Because the price will drop around the holiday time with new phones being released like the Nexus 5 , LG G2,or Apple Iphone 5s. So I am going to try to hold out as long as I can before I pull the trigger and buy this phone. I want the Gnote3 so bad, but it will feel better if I can buy it out right from Verizon, Craigslist or e bay cheaper then the $700.00 price tag. So is anyone else going to hold out or still get it day one?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I'm holding out. I need to make sure we can at least get root and a recovery. Need to theme it cause I cant take that TW!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm holding off because I'm not sure who my carrier is going to be. I also want to give it a chance to get the initial bugs out and possible quality control issues that often arrive in first batches that are rushed onto the shelves. I use my Note8 more than my current phone already anyway.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I've decided to hold a bit...I can use my dumb line upgrade but waiting it out...Note 2 is solid which makes it easier on my temptation ...

N2 tap'd HD

krispykreme

Reaction score
i have a galaxy s "1", i cant wait any longer to upgrade... the hardware this thing has would be like using a commodore 64 to surf the web now-a-days.... i dont think the price will drop that much by the holidays....

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I'm not gonna wait too long, but will wait for the first batch to hit the market and if there's no problems will grab one. Want to get one before the bootloader patch comes out.

As far as waiting for the price drop, that will be more than 6 weeks. Hell, the N2 is still $599.00 and it wasn't that long ago it was more expensive.

jamjr74

Reaction score
i have a galaxy s "1", i cant wait any longer to upgrade... the hardware this thing has would be like using a commodore 64 to surf the web now-a-days.... i dont think the price will drop that much by the holidays....

Haha. Great post.

Galaxy S4!!!

Caesars

Reaction score
I was very pumped to buy note 3, however I'm going to"try" and wait a few weeks. Never know when a Note3Ultra drops a week later (kidding). Basically I just gotta see what combo of s4/nexus 5/Nokia/note 3 I want, and I'm not going to decide until after 4.3 hits my s4.

GS4/iPhone5

GBH2

Reaction score
I need to pay full price to keep my unlimited.

I bought a used GNote 2 only a few weeks ago as an upgrade from my Bionic. I was not really sure I would be happy with the form factor, battery life, signal reception, touchwiz, etc. I absolutely love it!

I will probably wait a bit after release. Are there ever any Deals off of full price off-contract phones on Verizon?

My GNote 2 performs great and I don't feel I HAVE TO upgrade so I may wait a little and try to find a deal on a used one - OR I may just buy the GNote 3 and sell my GNote 2. Decisions, decisions, lol.

The Note 3 looks awesome! I know if I needed a phone I wouldn't wait for a second after release to buy it!

Zig8

Reaction score
My Verizon contract end tomorrow for my Droid Bionic...Yay... I am going to close/end it Monday... and activate the cheapest Track phone I can get $9.98 plus $19.98 activation card good for 90 days... I am keeping my original (very old) 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab as a slow internet/facebook device to play with at work... I haven't yet decided which carrier that I am switching too, so this will buy me some time and some extra money saved until I am ready to jump on the Note3... dancedroid

GBH2

Reaction score
My Verizon contract end tomorrow for my Droid Bionic...Yay... I am going to close/end it Monday... and activate the cheapest Track phone I can get $9.98 plus $19.98 activation card good for 90 days... I am keeping my original (very old) 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab as a slow internet/facebook device to play with at work... I haven't yet decided which carrier that I am switching too, so this will buy me some time and some extra money saved until I am ready to jump on the Note3... dancedroid

My Note 2 destroys my bionic as far as performance and usability. You are going to be simply amazed when you get your Note 3. :)

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I was going to wait a month or two but now that my GNex is messing up. And rebooting a lot. I will have to get it earlier.