Holster only

If you hard-wired the 12v power outlet, I hope it had an in-line fuse.

I installed several 12v power outlets in my Honda Element, one specifically for the micro-USB power cord.

It does, I had my guy at the garage do it. It is a company car, so the company mechanics take care of it. I tend to not keep cars very long so I don't put a lot of my coin into them. Having the power outlet up there should be in every car though, it is very handy to keep the phone up that high.

charger-holster, charger-holster :blink:

Progress report on the Lets Talk holster:
When I got it, my first impression was "what a cheap piece of sh1t". Well, Ive had it for 3 weeks now and Im happy to eat my words (ar ar) Its still in one piece. I first thought the plastic was too soft and the clip looked lame. But that actually is a good thing here, it flexes when others snap off. The swivel is a little loose, it wont 'lock' in place at any point as it turns, but its not like a piece of licorice either. I put it on my belt upside down so the clip tab points down and wont jab me in the gut. Right side/right hand, I needed some practice to be able to slap the phone into it one handed; the bottom end has to go in just right, its an in and down maneuver. Or you can do a cross draw -right side/left hand. If its stood up to 3 weeks on my belt, its gotta be decent.

All in all, a pretty good deal for $12.99 and free shipping.

I really liked the naked holster clip, it was great. Sadly, I dropped the darn phone 5 times in three weeks and I had the Droid 1 in the same type of holster for nearly 2 years and only dropped it once. So, off to BJ's Wholesale Club and I bought a case and clip that they sell from Motorola. I got the car dock as well - both were like $52. The car dock is actually really nice and sits up above the tint line so nobody sees it on the windshield. I use the same power supply - so that wasn't a total waste. Even though I have insurance on the phone, I didn't see tempting fate.

What I found with the naked clip was that my t-shirt would get caught and I'd not realize it. It would then fling out when I moved or something and then the phone would fly. Oh well, it is still a great clip but apparently there is something slightly different than how the Droid 1's clip case was made.

It's funny. I started this thread and got the holster in anticipation of getting the Droid 3. Never did and should be getting the Droid 4 soon. Now, got to find a holster for that. :blink:

If anyone want's one of these, still have mine unused.

Back