Hoping for a SD Card or don't really care?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm interested in everyones thoughts if they choose to forego a SD Card slot on this handset. Will you pass if the handset has no SD card or is there a minimum amount of onboard memory you'd settle for and pick it up anyway?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I assume the "X", makes no difference to me. Minimum 16 onboard preferability 32 so I can cram 2 gigs on it.

hone them hockey skates to a razr's edge

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every time I think I don't need one, I end up wishing I had it at some point... not a huge necessity, but if they can add it in a subtle way physically, that would be ideal.

MacLeod

Reaction score
I gotta have one. I keep a lot of pictures and ton of music and need the space. I've got a 32GB in my T-bolt and i've got 10 free so some dinky 16GB phone won't cut it and I love the fact that I can yank the card out of my T-bolt and slap it in my next phone (probably Maxx HD or Note 2) and pick up right where I left off.

So yeah, SD card FTW. Which sucks cause of drooling over the DNA but will pass it up because of lack of storage (non removable battery too).

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I would hate to lose the SD card. I don't think it would be a total deal breaker, but the phone would have to have at least 32gb on board at that point for me to still consider it.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have to have one. Its just more convenient. After having to send in my PS Vita and my son's 3DS for repairs....having removable storage is better IMO.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I would prefer to have one. I also have a lot of pics, vids, ROMs, etc. It would have to have a minimum of 32GB, 64GB preferred, if it didn't come with an SD card slot.

les017

Reaction score
Been using 16G Nexus 4 for a couple months now and I have everything I need with 6G free. Having said that, I did have to pay more attention to how I roll. 32G should be at least an option, along with OTG capability.

millerjy

Reaction score
I have had a phone with an sd slot in it for over 7 years. There have been numerous times that I have destroyed my phone and was able to remove the card. Until recently when motocast came out I never had my photos backed up that often. So the slot is a must even with motocast. Also I am fed up with tablets not having card slots. Its so easy to have several cards with movies on them and change them out.

KaChow

Reaction score
I read somewhere may have been a day or so ago, and I'll see if I can find the article. But it mentioned the "X" will have an SD card slot (no spec on size), the device also has and this sounds absurd 128 GB of storage. The editor mentioned the storage loosely(as a see to believe it) and I will try to find the source.

Sent from my DROID MAXX RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

MacLeod

Reaction score
Yeah I have a hard time beliving that. 128GB would add another $100 EASY to the price tag and I don't know if they're gonna go that route. Besides, 64GB is HUGE and you're gonna have to really work to fill it up so 128GB would be way way way over the top.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I would really like an SD card - depends on the on-board memory if it becomes a dealbreaker for me...

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
KaChow is right in respects to the articles, rumor they may be. Yes 128 way over the top, my lame guess would be 32 with a 16 card. Or an empty slot.