Horrible camera, need solution.

Neko

Reaction score
I love taking photos just like anyone else but I NEVER seen a camera phone so horrible!

Is there an app that can help take better photos? If they did a software update to the Droid to make the camera better, that was a joke. What can I do or download?

Reks

Reaction score
Try cleaning the camera lens.

ProZoom is supposedly good at taking better photos.

Also could you post some photos for comparison?

gentlefury

Reaction score
I've actually found it to take excellent pics. Are you always taking pictures in the dark? Go outside and give it a shot.

TreeFrog

Reaction score
ya....my droid takes excellent pictures! or i should say better than any other phone ive owned!!!

bitter

Reaction score
This is easily the best camera phone out there. I don't know what this guy is talking about.

nyijedi

Reaction score
This is easily the best camera phone out there. I don't know what this guy is talking about.

I don't know about that. Almost every review of the Droid talks about the poor quality of the camera, specifically in low light situations. Search these forums - you'll see plenty of threads on it.

Basically, the camera works very, very well outside and in optimal light situations, but produces extremely grainy pictures in low light.

bitter

Reaction score

I don't know about that. Almost every review of the Droid talks about the poor quality of the camera, specifically in low light situations. Search these forums - you'll see plenty of threads on it.

Basically, the camera works very, very well outside and in optimal light situations, but produces extremely grainy pictures in low light.

I must have the super advanced version of this phone then. Because I haven't had a single issue with it.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
+1 on Pro Zoom 5x

nyijedi

Reaction score

I must have the super advanced version of this phone then. Because I haven't had a single issue with it.

Even in lowlight situations? I'd be very surprised to see high quality pictures in low light.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I must be on my cycle today because every post I read seems to be someone b**ching about something.:)

It's a phone camera. It's not going to be good as a comparable digital camera. The fact that it takes pictures in low light at all is a great thing.

IMHO phone cameras are there to take those quick shots you might see are cute, or to take a picture of your car that just got hit by some a##hole on an iPhone who was texting while driving.

You notice I said iPhone because I know Droid owners are far too intelligent to do that.:)

nerdbox08

Reaction score
My problem is the speed of the camera. I've always had pretty good quality. Rooting seemed to speed it up though.

Reaction score
imho phone cameras are there to take those quick shots you might see are cute, or to take a picture of your car that just got hit by some a##hole on an iphone who was texting while driving.

You notice i said iphone because i know droid owners are far too intelligent to do that.:)

lol :) :) :) :)

OP
Neko

Neko

Reaction score
UPDATED: With New Photos

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what this guy is talking about, hmmmm I'm not a guy I'm a girl :)

Anyhooo here are some photo comparisons and the poor quality of the camera in my opinion.

Photo-1

I took my kitty to the vet, the vet's place is very bright and the photo is dark.

Landisatvet.jpg

Photo-2

My Alaskan Malamute taking a nap. He moved a little but photo is horrible, Grainy, Dark and the lights were on.

jalbum_1
shilohdroid.jpg

Photo-3 "Taken from my LG Voyager"

This is me :)

3.jpg

I did not take shots outside yet with my Droid, I am to sick to go outside. But I'm guessing the results might be the same? Grainy? Etc???

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
That looks to me like you don't have auto focus enabled.