How do I unroot from Lithium 1.0.12?

OP
S

steveyos

Reaction score
Cool thanks, hopefully by the next time I need to unroot it'll just be a button press or something hooray technology!

Why do you have to tell 50 different service reps the same story over and over? It'll be here wednesday but I thought the phone conversation wasn't gonna end until next month. I also apparently have to replace the battery and cover and sd card with my own, or the phone is just coming without those I"m not sure. I can understand the sd card, but why the battery and cover? What if there's something wrong with my current battery and I just don't know it yet? I'll have to tell 50 more people about that

OP
S

steveyos

Reaction score
Also when the new phone gets here I want to go back to clockwork rom manager and lithium, of course. Could someone please please please point me to a thread with the easiest rooting method? I completely forget what I used for this phone but I know it wasn't the easiest thing in the world and I'd imagine by now something easier would be out.

_Killer_

Reaction score
Question......... I'm probably going to be doing the same thing..

BUT wouldn't just simply restoring a backup root your phone again??? it seems that initially that's how i rooted my phone.. found a thread on here that had some sort of file that you placed in the nandroid folder and restored and BAM you're on froyo and rooted..

SO that being said.. if you have a copy of a back up restoring it should root you once again right??

I could be WAY off here..

_Killer_

Reaction score
one MORE question.. HA!..

I am trying the rom manager option for going to the stock 2.2 unrooted option................ the only choice it gives me is to include or NOT include super user 2.2.... NOT choosing to include this will be what makes the phone NOT rooted. . . right?

i'm about 93.7 percent sure on this.. i just want to make sure.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

the links to download "this file" and so on are broken in the thread you linked to...
The thread's author said something about his blog being down for the time being either last night or this morning. It should be back soon. If not I'll try to figure something out.

You EDIT: still /EDIT having a problem getting unrooted?

_Killer_

Reaction score
I'm literally in the process of using rom manager right now.. so.. We'll see!

thanks, i'll post up if i have any issues..

_Killer_

Reaction score
If you're trying to take your phone back to stock I have a better method -- unless you want to keep your alternate recovery image. :)

yeah, i guess i do need a better method.. just went to "stock froyo" using rom manager and i still have SU installed.. which means it's still rooted.. right?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yes and no. Download a terminal emulator and open it, type SU and if the # appears you still have root access. However, having the SU on your phone means that if Verizon comes across it they'll deny warranty coverage.