how do u like the DNA?

EyeDocJerry

Reaction score
We hate apple products. Also last time she picked out her own phone she came home with a pantech. I am going with the dna for her.

Hate Apple? Really? If it weren't for Apple and the boys and girls in Cupertino, there would be no smart phones. The iphone was the first---they had the concept, the development, etc and set the tone. Same with tablets....it was the ipad that made people realize how cool this invention was and is. And don't even bring up ipods, and how they changed the world. hate Apple? Huh?

OP
B

beaky73

Reaction score
Just because ford was the first mass produced car in the United States does not mean I have to like them. I had an iPhone and did not care for it. And the first smartphone was actually invented by IBM in 1992 and palm in 2001. So iPhone was not the first.

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
How much memory can you save from rooting it? I don't really plan on putting too much music on it since I have an ipod already but I know I'll have a lot of apps and games if I get it. I can't decide whether to go with the dna or samsung galaxy s3

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
dna is much faster and i only use about 5-7 gb of memory so its fine for me. if it was a international s3 it would be a hard choicecuz that one has a quad core. since the vzw one only has dual core its much easier to say the dna is better

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
No SD card and not beign able to swap a battery is a "NO BUY" for me and I am a BIG HTC fan "Incredible and Rezound owner", yesterday I was out all day "away from a charger" from 5 AM to 10 PM with constant use of GPS and internet on my S3, good thing I had a spare battery or would have been dead in the water. And where would I be able to put my 40 gigs of High Resolution movies and High Resolution music on the DNA, sorry but cloud music and movies do not equate to high resolution content "plus you need to be around data, be it WiFi or 3G/4G to use the content", and beign able to have this content on my 64 Gig micro SD card means I do not need to be around data to watch my favorite movies and listen to my favorite music.

Last edited:

cp24eva

Reaction score
There are these things called EXTENDED BATTERY PACKS that can fit into n a pocket or on a keychain. depends on your battery needs. Just bought a 9000 mah extended pack from Verizon. My wife carries it. I also own a mophie pack on my keychain. 1000 mah. As far as storage, that is a personal preference. I remember when iphones maxed at 16. Dont see myself needing more than that. Got 6 gb of music. The rest of the space can be managed.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are these things called EXTENDED BATTERY PACKS that can fit into n a pocket or on a keychain. depends on your battery needs. Just bought a 9000 mah extended pack from Verizon. My wife carries it. I also own a mophie pack on my keychain. 1000 mah. As far as storage, that is a personal preference. I remember when iphones maxed at 16. Dont see myself needing more than that. Got 6 gb of music. The rest of the space can be managed.

glad for you, but this phones shortcomings will hurt its sales, there is a reason the S3 has sold extremely well, it has everything that you need in regards to a smartphone, with removable battery, micro sd card slot for up to an additional 64 gigs of storage. The DNA is a fantastic phones with serious flaws, sorry but when you charge over five bills for a smartphone there should be no reason to leave these two features out. Eleven gigs of usable storage is a joke in this day and age.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

Last edited:

cp24eva

Reaction score
The DNA has plenty of strong points, and you may be right. But most people are buying the gs3 because of the name alone. Yes it does have alot of good selling points as well, but not everyone has the same exact needs. Samsung does great advertising unlike HTC. Htc doesnt for some reason. My dad also has the gs3 as well as me and my wife at one point. Didnt live up to its potential in the stability department. But experiences may differ across the board. In general, i dont care about how a phone is selling. I care more about how it fits my needs.

shaynesgnex

Reaction score
I personally own the 32GB Nexus, and I don't think you should have to "manage" memory. Granted it's different for each user, I like knowing I've got all this storage available if I need it. And I saw where someone said the DNA being quadcore and the S3 only being dual gives the advantage to the DNA. On 4g the S3 is blazing fast. Hard to beat all that optional storage with the S3.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Im not saying the gs3 sucks at all, but its overhyped a bit. Owning one for a month i wasnt impressed much. The design was ok and i noticed that i would even reach the 16 gb threshold that the latest htc phones have. Battery usages vary as well. Im not that far away from a charge at anytime and i easily get at least 10 hours without wifi and rooting and roms. For others i could see how the battery could be a problem

cp24eva

Reaction score
Yea, some people would rather the memory be internal. Lol. The phone is really fluid. Best performance ive gotten on a phone period.

dantivirus

Reaction score
Wow only 16gb memory and no microsd card slot? That may make this phone a no buy for me. Yeah the performance sounds great but why did HTC get stingy with internal memory and no way to expand it? Yes, you can use USB dongles but I really don't want to have to carry those with me when I travel. I currently have the Nexus (4G LTE) and it has no microsd card slot but it does have 32gb of storage. Hmm..I will have to sit down and think about it.