How soon could I upgrade

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Hey wel I was wondering I stil have 3 weeks until my upgrade how soon can I upgrade before that? I have done it before but like 1 week before but I don't know how it really works

Sent from Colima,mex echando gasolina en un Pemex

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hey wel I was wondering I stil have 3 weeks until my upgrade how soon can I upgrade before that? I have done it before but like 1 week before but I don't know how it really works

Some may feel that a broken phone can warrant an early upgrade by a couple of weeks but if you're just looking to upgrade cause you want a new device early, they most likely won't let you. Just wait out the 3 weeks, the more you think about it the longer it will seem

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

wolfman4u

Reaction score
Call them and ask them. There always seems to be a way to make things happen if money is changing hands.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Ok thanks man yeah wel iv been waiting a while since the rumors of the nexus started and I cant wait anymore il try to call them and see wat happens should i complain about my current phone or just ask?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Do it whichever way you feel comfortable with.

ryguy5254

Reaction score
I've called them about a month before the contract ends, they need approval of their manager in their call center, but it will get approved. Don't go to the stores, they have the capabilities, but they won't do it because it affects their sales or their bonuses or something. I've upgraded at least two phones within the past month that way.

Last edited:

turdbogls

Reaction score
I upgraded about 2 months early. picked up my phone on like 1-21-12, upgrade was 3-28-12. DO NOT go into the store, there is nothing they can do to help you unless you are within 1 week.

call Verizon C.S. ang ask them.
not sure if they will upgrade you early or not just for the sake of upgrading. My touchscreen on my phone was borked, so thats what i told them....got the upgrade and ordered the phone within 5 minutes of being on the line with them.

OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Ok thanks for all this advice ummm so when I call and everything goes fine will they send me the phone or can I just go to my local Verizon store and get it?

steeletown

Reaction score
I upgraded six months early she said she had to get manager approval but she never put me on hold to talk to anyone. She said it was only good if I ordered the phone through her.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Oh ok so then the phone will get to through ups or something like that?

OP
EL Lacost

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Oh ok jaja yeah thanks wel I did wat u said and my gnex will get here tuesday