How to I get root back on 2.2.1?

ekf028

Reaction score
I have ran z4root twice and both times it claimed that it was successful. Then I would try to run a root app and could not grant superuser permissions.
I have even tried the "doroot.bat" method and it did not work.
Also have tried to unroot and root again. No luck.
Has anyone else had any success in getting root back?

Last edited:
OP
ekf028

ekf028

Reaction score
I give up... I've tried adb, one click root and unroot, and z4root several times. Don't know what is going on.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
ekf028

ekf028

Reaction score
Still no root. Have ran Z4root what seems like a thousand times, and tried the doroot.bat way also. Grrr.

yuusharo

Reaction score
You could try the scorched earth method of performing a factory reset of your data then flash with the 2.3.340 System-only SBF. This should get your phone back up to nearly stock conditions, then run z4root.

Unfortunately, its what I had to do when I first attempted to root coming from from 2.3.15. Fortunately I don't have a lot of apps or settings to fiddle with, but I know its not that easy for some.

Save that for a last resort.

maderschramm

Reaction score
I had trouble rooting the phone as well....z4root worked for me but my usual method of rageinthecage did not. I'd say try it manually with adb tools...might work for you

OP
ekf028

ekf028

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, will give your suggestions a try, will post how it goes.

BrendonSF

Reaction score
It sounds like people are having luck with the scorched earth method... I'm going to hold out hope that another fix comes around though.

OP
ekf028

ekf028

Reaction score
It sounds like people are having luck with the scorched earth method... I'm going to hold out hope that another fix comes around though.
I'm going to hold out too. I'm spending entirely way too much time trying to figure this out. Lol