[HOW TO] Unlock Rezound's Bootloader [HTCdev.com]

Unlocked allows for a full permanent root. Once you unlock, you must run the root process.

Yup! Now Rezound owners can get their full root on!

Gonna be awesome to say the least, this is my first unlocked phone, can't wait to see what it has to offer!

@mjh68, give me some time today, will have to take a look at what you got and what's going on and see what I can come up with. Hang tight buddy.

I will and thank you for taking a look at it.

My software info.. Android 2.3.4 kernel version is 2.6.35.13-g20c5d1d htc-kernel@u18000-build-144#1
baseband 0.95.00.1017_2r,0.95.00.1013r
build number 1.02.605.6 CL183296 release-keys

I will try again tomorrow.. just need a break, very frustrating since it seems so easy.

Odd, all software versions are the same.

You've tried different web browsers, different computers(?), what about your HBoot version?

Here's mine:

HBOOT.jpg

HBOOT Version 2.10.000 is what you should have.

Odd, all software versions are the same.

You've tried different web browsers, different computers(?), what about your HBoot version?

Here's mine:

HBOOT.jpg

HBOOT Version 2.10.000 is what you should have.

Yes, same HBOOT version mine is 2.10.0000 and yes my hboot looks identical even to the time lol

Yes, same HBOOT version mine is 2.10.0000 and yes my hboot looks identical even to the time lol

I would contact HTC Dev Support and see what they say, this is just weird. Save your identifier in a text document in case they ask for it.

Thanks for all your help.. still didn't work. I tried chrome, IE without any difference. I have made sure I included all 18 lines and pasted directly into the form each time. Still get the same error , token length invalid bla bla .. well I am done messing with it tonight either I will throw my phone threw the wall or the computer so time to take a break :) If any other suggestions let me know I will check back in the a.m.

same thing happened to me my first two tries. then i figured maybe this thing was super sensitive and if i accidentally marked even one space too much say before the <<<< it would look like it pasted right but would be like one character off.

so i went and marked again this time being very careful that i did not include a single dead space. it worked fine. emailed me my code.

same thing happened to me my first two tries. then i figured maybe this thing was super sensitive and if i accidentally marked even one space too much say before the <<<< it would look like it pasted right but would be like one character off.

so i went and marked again this time being very careful that i did not include a single dead space. it worked fine. emailed me my code.

Wow, you were right !! I was being to gracious when I was marking so must have been adding spaces. Thank you so much ! Unlocked !.. Mr.Smith and Macpro thanks for all the help as well. Now to install permanent root and get rid of bloat for good !

Done! This process wasn't as bad as I thought. My hardest thing was getting the device to sync to my laptop. I kept installing and uninstalling HTC sync and using different sync cables and finally found a combination that worked! That took 2 hours to get the sync to work but the unlocking was an hour tops with the reading and re-reading and copying files, etc...

Wow, you were right !! I was being to gracious when I was marking so must have been adding spaces. Thank you so much ! Unlocked !.. Mr.Smith and Macpro thanks for all the help as well. Now to install permanent root and get rid of bloat for good !

Man, what a pain lol the little things are so annoying sometimes aren't they? lol and no problem, glad to help.

Thanks for the informative post, I just picked up the Rezound yesterday (returned my Nexus due to several reasons) and would like to get rid of all/most of the VZW bloatware if possible. My question is, how do future software upgrades work on a rooted/unlocked phone? The most obvious example being when HTC releases their ICS update, will I need to reload the original factory settings and relock my phone at that point? Thanks!

Thanks for the informative post, I just picked up the Rezound yesterday (returned my Nexus due to several reasons) and would like to get rid of all/most of the VZW bloatware if possible. My question is, how do future software upgrades work on a rooted/unlocked phone? The most obvious example being when HTC releases their ICS update, will I need to reload the original factory settings and relock my phone at that point? Thanks!

You will need to FREEZE bloat, NOT DELETE. That way when an OTA is out, you can unfreeze, take the OTA and then reroot/reunlock whatever you will need to do and the re-freeze. Never ever never ever delete system files from the stock ROM.

Ah OK, good to know, thanks! Excuse my ignorance, but other than freezing bloatware, what other benefits are there to rooting for a non-programmer like myself? I know there are some tether programs that require a phone to be rooted, but what other stuff would it open up?

Ah OK, good to know, thanks! Excuse my ignorance, but other than freezing bloatware, what other benefits are there to rooting for a non-programmer like myself? I know there are some tether programs that require a phone to be rooted, but what other stuff would it open up?

also non-programmer guy here. for now i just unlocked and rooted to freeze all the bloatware. i also now cna use ADFree, which pretty much blocks ads coming from any free app. like say Craigslist. before root and Adfree I always had ads on the bottom. now nothing. the other thing is SetCPU. let's you have some control of your processor speed in various situations, which can save battery life.

besides that and tether to me the advantage is being able to install custom ROMs down the road. everytime you install a new ROM i understand it's like a factory reset, as essentially you are installing a new custom OS. restoring all my programs and the such is not so hard with all the programs out now but nevertheless it is annoying enough that i don't want to do it often - so i am going to wait until some really good ROMS come out. another benefit is that someone will probably create an Ice Cream Sandwich ROM for the rezound far before HTC releases an OTA one. and a community ICS ROM wilil likely be without Sense and bloat on it.

so for now, to me its for freezing bloat, blocking ads, using a couple proggies but really waiting for a month or two for some killer ROMS to come out.

First off, a big Thank You and Kudos to all those dedicated Admins and major Contributors to the DroidForums! You guys rock!

Was about to start the unlocking process for the Rezound but immediately stopped at the HTC waiver dialog box: "....unlocking the bootloader will delete all personal data from your device including applications, text messages and personalized settings."

View attachment 45548

I have backup the Rezound by using "CleanTOOL 2.1.1" (provides temp root), Titanium Backup (sync'ed with droppbox) and SuperUser. But the above statement "...delete all personal data..." come on really?

I have backup the Rezound by using "CleanTOOL 2.1.1" (provides temp root), Titanium Backup (sync'ed with droppbox) and SuperUser. But the above statement "...delete all personal data..." come on really?

Yeah I don't know the real reason behind that but I'm guessing its needed to finish the unlock process otherwise it would not do it.... All well, what can we do...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Back