How use selfie stick w droid maxx

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have a droid maxx and tries two friends selfie sticks that use the headset connection no Bluetooth. I read you have to set take picture if volume buttons pressed to do it that way but can't find an option what's a good selfie stick and instructions for droid maxx

I can't recommend any selfie sticks since I don't take them. But my Droid Maxx takes pictures using either volume button by default. I have never seen any setting for this, I thought that was just part of the camera. Tours should take pics using the volume buttons if you have the stock camera app.

I can't find anyway to et the droid maxx to auto take a picture if volume button is pushed which is what most selfie sticks emulate any ideas also I have heard a few selfie sticks do Bluetooth what is the benefit of a Bluetooth selfie stick do u need a specific camera blueatooth app?

Can you take a normal picture using the volume buttons?

My stock camera takes pics from a volume button press?
Yes, it does, but only the physical buttons. If you use a selfie stick that connects by BT and emulates a volume press, it won't take a photo with the stock camera.

Yes, it does, but only the physical buttons. If you use a selfie stick that connects by BT and emulates a volume press, it won't take a photo with the stock camera.
OK, that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

I just realized something. The OP said they are using a stick that connects to the headphone jack, and did ask if a BT selfie stick would work. I think it might work through BT. Maybe the headphone jack cannot emulate the physical button press, but it should work with a BT stick. I can take pictures with my watch and that is a BT connection to my phone. Something to consider.

Drawback of Bluetooth is that it's another thing to charge :( wanted the version that was always on since you know it will never be charged when u wanna take a selfie ...

I just realized something. The OP said they are using a stick that connects to the headphone jack, and did ask if a BT selfie stick would work. I think it might work through BT. Maybe the headphone jack cannot emulate the physical button press, but it should work with a BT stick. I can take pictures with my watch and that is a BT connection to my phone. Something to consider.
I think you may need an a special photo app that detects volume up down presses or whatever sugnal comes from the head phone jack still trying to figure out whats needed

I think you may need an a special photo app that detects volume up down presses or whatever sugnal comes from the head phone jack still trying to figure out whats needed
See my post #5 above....

Again, I don't have a selfie stick, never will, so I don't know for sure, but that app looks like it should work.

I did a play store search for selfie camera and it found a bunch but looked like a lot had issues i hope they start building the function into the stock cameras

I did a play store search for selfie camera and it found a bunch but looked like a lot had issues i hope they start building the function into the stock cameras
I tried the app I linked above with my BT earbuds. When I pressed the play/pause button, it too a photo just fine, it looked as good as any photo taken with the stock camera.

Back