How's everyone liking Nougat?

Nick D

Reaction score
I hate it! My phone runs slowly, the battery drains very fast, it seems to charge slower than before & I don't like the fact that I lost the date in the pull down notification bar that used to be next to the time. I do like that the homescreen can now be landscaped. I have cleared the cache but I haven't performed a factory reset yet. I really doubt that that will fix the problems.

albertfuller

Reaction score
I love nogurt, connecting to wifi is so must faster, many improvements in unlocking phone, love wicking setting tiles. Also noticed a speed improvement conning from 5 to 7. Android is growing beautifully.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Dear soellcheck...Wtf is Nogurt?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

JandN2639

Reaction score
Tried deleting all the home screen folders, one at a time, and manually restoring each before removing another. We seem to have all the apps where we want them. Let's see what happens when we restart the phone! Galaxy S7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rekreseb

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung note 5
I am not liking nougat. It has killed my wifi tethering. and the sim card trick does not work on my Note 5. I have the old UDP.

JandN2639

Reaction score
Phone restarts, the same apps disappear. Nougat needs a patch!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Maybe the Turbo does. Not having that issue on my 2.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Eddie Blanche

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xiaomi
Google has confirmed the new Android O version is Android 8.0. Can't wait to update to this new system and wonder what changes will have compared to the Android N 7.0.

JandN2639

Reaction score
The standard one.

We installed a different launcher. We now see everything on the home screens.
Why is this even necessary?!

Nick D

Reaction score
I have had Nougat for a while now & I still hate how fast my battery dies. Ever since the update, both my wife & I have phones that loses battery life very quickly. For example, in the morning after taking it off of the charger, I'll check my email & Facebook, I'll be on the phone for about 10-15 minutes. When I am finished those tasks, I am down to about 82% battery life. Then I get into the shower & finish getting ready for work, nothing is being used on the phone, no music playing or anything, it's just sitting on the counter, I'll be at @68%. Prior to the update I could go all day at work without charging it or maybe have to give a quick charge before leaving, I work 12 hour days. Now I can't even go a couple of hours without having to throw it on the charger. The other day I was down to 43% by noon & I didn't even use the phone for anything. My wife is having the same issue, so it's not a phone specific issue.

So are we the only ones having these issues since the update? Yes, I have done a factory reset, cleared cache and any other suggestions that I've read online. This is just extremely frustrating to go from a phone that was fantastic, to one that is basically crap.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
the battery life on my phone has improved with nougat as long as I don't leave anything open. I also use a launcher that is easy on the resources so it helps.

If you are having that much of a problem, you may want to check and see what is running and using the battery the most. could be something as simple as syncing too often or leaving apps open.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I passed my Turbo 2 down to my daughter; not sure what the battery life is like for her. If I can, I will try to get some battery stats off of it; but that may be like pulling teeth.

At one time we had quite a few Forum members that owned & used a Turbo 2, maybe one of the can chime in. I have not seen many of those members post in a very long time though.

When you did the Factory Reset (FDR), did you have Automatic Backup turned Off? Did you try using the phone for a short time after the FDR with no Play Store apps installed? Just wondering if a Play Store app is killing your battery like that; I know my daughter's phone doesn't die that quick.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wadman

Reaction score
I still have my Turbo 2. I did notice the battery drained a little faster at first with Nougat, but after a few weeks to a month it actually went back to normal. 2 years old and still lasts almost all day for me. I did have to turn sync off for some apps and I have always made sure to close apps that run in the back ground when I can. Hope that helps.