Huge Mistake!!! Help.

MacDawg12

Reaction score
Made a dumb mistake while trying to flash Liberty Rom 0.7 on a D2. I assumed that when it said it was a gingerbread ROM that it was based off of Gingerbread and not that it required my phone to already have Gingerbread on it. So like a moron who knows just enough to get himself in trouble, I rooted like I had in the past.

Went through all the precautionary steps -

1.)Used the Droid 2 Bootstrap Recovery

2.)Phone Booting into Clockwork -
3.)Made a backup
4.)Wiped the Cache
5.)Wiped the Data/Factory Reset
6.) Wiped Battery Stats
7.) Wiped Dalvik Cache
8.) Mounted /Data and /system

Then proceeded to install the .zip file for Liberty I downloaded.

Everything installed fine and then when I went to reboot after the intall, the Yellow circle with the fist comes up and nothing else happens. Clearly this was stupid. But now I can't figure out how to load the backup. I tried to book into recovery mode, but clockwork and nandroid don't show up, its only the factory recovery mode.

Please help. Thanks.

RUKKUS

Reaction score
did you have gingerbread rom installed when you flashed liberty?

D

dankarlinski

You'll need to sbf back to froyo to get the phone working. There are loads of directions all over the forums here. Id help, but im on mobile right now :(

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
M

MacDawg12

Reaction score
You'll need to sbf back to froyo to get the phone working. There are loads of directions all over the forums here. Id help, but im on mobile right now :(

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Thanks. I'm downloading RSDLite and SPRecovery. I found some SBF directions that tell me to do the following..

Connect your phone to the PC via USB and turn it off then while your phone is booting hold up on the DPAD.
Run RSD Lite 4.6 as Administrator (For all you Vista and 7 folks out there. If you are using XP you may not need to run as Administrator)
If your phone is not displayed in the "model" column you may need to do the following:
Select the "config" option from the upper left corner of the tool
Select DeviceId Options
Select one of the two options available. By default neither are chosen, and my phone shows up fine with neither one selected.
Click the [...] next to the filename box and browse to where you saved the .sbf file you want to use and double click the .sbf file.
Hit start and below it should give you completion progress.
Your phone will reboot and you will be on a stock 2.01 phone with no root installed.

So that's what I'm going to try unless anyone has a better suggestions.

Does anyone know what it means when it says to

" go to.... http://rescue.macleod-web.net > navigate to the sbf folder and download the FRG22D.sbf file."

I assume that will be different for the droid 2, no?

iced98lx

Reaction score
I did that and pulled battery until I got into bootstrap recovery, then loaded teh 2.3.2 big file off the zip

OP
M

MacDawg12

Reaction score
I did that and pulled battery until I got into bootstrap recovery, then loaded teh 2.3.2 big file off the zip

I've pulled the battery 10 times. Each time I'll reboot while holding POWER and X button. Clockwork never comes up. The only thing that comes up are the regular recovery options and I wiped the Factory Data again and the Cache, I even tried to apply the update.zip on the sd card. But since those are the only 3 options other than reboot, I can't think of anything else to do.

How did you get into bootstrap recovery?

iced98lx

Reaction score

I've pulled the battery 10 times. Each time I'll reboot while holding POWER and X button. Clockwork never comes up. The only thing that comes up are the regular recovery options and I wiped the Factory Data again and the Cache, I even tried to apply the update.zip on the sd card. But since those are the only 3 options other than reboot, I can't think of anything else to do.

How did you get into bootstrap recovery?

don't hold anything,, let it start booting, pull the battery. repeat until you see bootstrap recovery.. doesn't require any buttons.. took me 3-5 times each time I had to do it.

Also, install the monster_2.3.2_4.5.153_updater_Rooted.zip from recovery, then hit recovery again and flash .8 and you'll be good (that's how I did it from Liberty Froyo)

I tried to use D2-2320-Deodexed.zip but it put me on 2.2.3 with blur (so I thought it was 2.3) and I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't load Liberty GB for the life of me.

OP
M

MacDawg12

Reaction score
Okay. Thanks to you guys I got my phone into clockwork (pulling the battery 6 times) and got it to recover.

I'm going to follow the instructions to put gingerbread on the phone and then go from there. Thanks for all your help.

iced98lx

Reaction score
Okay. Thanks to you guys I got my phone into clockwork (pulling the battery 6 times) and got it to recover.

I'm going to follow the instructions to put gingerbread on the phone and then go from there. Thanks for all your help.

NP you should be on the road to .8 now!

OP
M

MacDawg12

Reaction score

yep dump that on your SD once you get into recovery flash it, apply recovery again, reboot into it, flash .8.

Based off of the directions on the website, it would seem I have a lot more steps to do than what you propose here. Are you saying that I can skip these steps?:

1. Download the file from above and drop it on your SD card.
2. Download the 2.3.20 SBF file for the DX. [Here]
3. Download, install and open RSD lite 4.8. [Here]
4. Plug your phone into your Windows PC and turn your phone off.
5. Boot into the bootloader by holding Power + Up Arrow.
6. Your computer will likely install new drivers at this point.
7. Once RSD lite recognizes your phone, hit the “…” box and choose the 2.3.20 SBF file.
8. Click “Start.”
9. When it finishes and gets to 100%, power your phone off.
10. Boot into recovery by holding Home + X.
11. When the triangle appears, hit both Volume Up and Down at the same time.
12. Navigate down to wipe data/factory reset, select it with camera, say “yes.”
13. When it finishes, reboot your phone.

iced98lx

Reaction score
2011-06-14_1707.png

Flash the .zip and roll if you're on froyo.