I backed up my apps and data on my LG and wanna transfer it to S5...

shadownet

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
lewischo93
I'm going tomorrow to get my G3 switched out to the S5.

I backed up my apps and it says on my phone my data, apps, etc., are backed up to my Google account (my email used to install apps and such).

Once I get the S5, where can I access these on the S5?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Reactions: cr6
OP
S

shadownet

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
lewischo93
You might check out Samsung's Smart Switch app... Samsung Smart Switch Mobile - Android Apps on Google Play

~sent while mobile~

Hmm doesn't work for me. LOL.

Good luck with your new S5 @shadownet!

S5 tap'n

Hahah thanks. I hope. I put it for trade on CL and someone offered me an S4 plus cash. Uh no.

Someone else offered me a Note 4 locked to the carrier I'm using but the thing is, my carrier does not carry the Note 4. I even asked my friend who works there and he says they haven't carried the Note for a while so I'm a bit hesitant on that part.

S4 would be a huge downgrade, IMO.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
^^ exactly^^
As long as you have your contacts saved to Google and your apps synced, your photos and music saved to your pc, everything will load fine once you get your new device. Simply log into your main Google account, once everything updates you can then use your usb cable to connect to your pc and transfer your files & music. Easy peasy! Holler if you need a hand with anything @shadownet!

S5 tap'n

leabradley

Reaction score
Here is how you can switch data using the Smart switch.

1) Go to the Google Play market and download the Smart Switch. Now install the app and open it.

2) Now on LG, open the app, skip all the introduction content, and select the files you want to transfer, now you can select the message, picture, music, videos, and apps.

3) Now switch to new Android phone. Keep them at distance less than 10 cm and allow them to detect each other.

4) Once they are connected, now it's time to make the transfer. Just wait for the transfer. The time will depend on the file's size.

5) This method use device to device wireless transfer technology, which is independent of network data or Wi-Fi such as Bluetooth. However, you may experience some data change such as missing contacts, pictures or ringtones etc.

poppy5

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung s9
Smart Switch is a free and intuitive program developed by Samsung to help users to copy data to Samsung phone from other Android and iOS devices. You can download it freely on Google Play Store and follow the steps below to move data from LG phone to Samsung Galaxy.