I have a Droid X2 and hate it.

Reaction score
I have a Droid X2 and I hate the thing. Constant problems. Worse phone Moto ever put out. I want to buy on ebay or swappa a Nexus. I want/need a phone that is rock stable, fast, and rootable. I'm not much into romming or major modifcations. I just need a stable phone.

Is the Nexus a good buy? Tired of the lagging and the crappy issues with my X2.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I gave/pawned off my X2 to my Sister in law so I could get the GNEX. The GNEX is a great phone, probably the best phone I've ever had. The 4.0.4 update made the phone rock solid IMO, and 4.1 (Jelly Bean) made is solid and polished with a bunch of nice tweaks and features. I'd say you will be very happy with the GNEX.

I wasn't overly fond of the X2 either... it felt very under powered and laggy.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
My friend has the X2 and side by side the Nexus looks/performs like a Ferrari in comparison!

pjkump

Reaction score
Ditto on the X2. I thought it was good when I got it and now my buddy has it and compared to my Gnex on jellybean and Apex launcher that thing is junk.

jadine4498

Reaction score
I hated mine too. That's when I decided I'm upgraded and got galaxy nexus. I love this phone. Too many problems with x2.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
nlinecomputers
Reaction score
So did you get one yet OP?
Not yet. Be near the end of the month when my funds are better. And I am taking lots of time to research. I bought the X2 soon after it was released on the faith of the Moto line. Now I'm not likely to buy Moto ever again.

Natey2

Reaction score
Tired of the lagging and the crappy issues with my X2.

Have you taken a look in the logcat?
It might give you an idea when/why the X2 is getting laggy. Maybe its a 3rd party app that is making things worse.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

OP
nlinecomputers
Reaction score
Natey2,

Not trying to be rude but please stay on topic. I'm not interested in pursuing more methods on how to fix my X2. I've had it for a year and tried many things and am tired of trying to make this POS work. This topic is on switching to a gnex.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Thanks for all the suggestions, but nline isn't looking to fix the X2. I deleted a few posts. Let's keep it nice or move on. Thanks

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS