I need help. HELP!

Terminadora

Reaction score
I just stuck my sim card in the slot but I think it's not on correctly and I can't get it out. I'm not very good with hardware issues.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
First thing, be calm... and then try using a small flathead screwdriver to slide it out. Be gentle with it because you might damage it. If it's really stuck, take it to Verizon and have them try and remove it.

OP
Terminadora

Terminadora

Reaction score
Thanks

I'll just go to verizon tmrrw. I can't trust myself with this sort of thing -too much at stake. It is very cool looking...so far.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I'll just go to verizon tmrrw. I can't trust myself with this sort of thing -too much at stake. It is very cool looking...so far.

Best of luck! Let us know how it goes!

Pieman13

Reaction score
I would try a pair of tweezers. Don't worry about breaking the sim card. Verizon will replace it in store for 3 bucks.

arthurW

Reaction score
Getting your card out

Once your card is in, you are not supposed to be able to just pull it back out. You have to push it in (and if the card is in correctly, it will depress a few mm) and then release... the card will then stick out just a bit more than when it was inserted. You can now pull your card out. I personally would not get a screw driver anywhere near that port. If it is clearly not fully inserted (ie, it is sticking out), and you have good access to the end of the card, you could try using a flat end pair of small tweezers to pull the card out.

lchavez289

Reaction score
I know what he did. It's in upside down. I actually did the same thing to a customer this morning. duh.
Go ahead and use tweezers/small needlenose pliers and pull it out.
You're not gonna hurt it.
Remember, the Sim Contacts face upward.

-LC

OP
Terminadora

Terminadora

Reaction score
Update! All issues resolved. Thanks for the support

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums