ICS .215 leak ashell tether hack not working

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
okay so tether hack used to work until i updated to .215 i'm not getting an entitlement check to change from 1 to 0 field like before. anyone know a new way to get tether to work again? rooted

here are the steps i followed

Go into aShell, check the “Root” box at the top, go to File Explorer, then go to data -> data -> com.motorola.android.providers.settings -> databases -> settings.db, open it with aSQLiteManager, click Settings -> Data, click “PgDn” until you get to 150, click “Edit”, change the value to 0 and save

This is what I get and when I press data to change there is not entitlement check

a6f9ca8e-2bc1-f66a.jpg

a6f9ca8e-2bd2-af68.jpg

Any help would be great! Also I haven't tried any tethering Apps since ics wouldn't allow capability atleast on .211

Last edited:
I used SQLite Editor, and went to Settings Storage>settings.db>settings>line 79 for entitlement check and changed it to a 0.

You can get SQLite Editor in the Play Store for a couple bucks I think.

SCREWd2V said:
okay so tether hack used to work until i updated to .215 i'm not getting an entitlement check to change from 1 to 0 field like before. anyone know a new way to get tether to work again? rooted

here are the steps i followed

Go into aShell, check the “Root” box at the top, go to File Explorer, then go to data -> data -> com.motorola.android.providers.settings -> databases -> settings.db, open it with aSQLiteManager, click Settings -> Data, click “PgDn” until you get to 150, click “Edit”, change the value to 0 and save

This is what I get and when I press data to change there is not entitlement check

Any help would be great! Also I haven't tried any tethering Apps since ics wouldn't allow capability atleast on .211

Download sqlite editor. Open sqlite editor, click "settings and storage" (the one with the tools), "settings db", "settings", then hit your menu button. Choose "set filter" option and type "check". Hit "ok" and entitlement check should show up along with a couple others.

thanks guys, got tethering working again. wonder why ashell doesnt work anymore. must be a conspiracy! :icon_eek:

Back